The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Castle Offer Holders 2020

Hi, I just thought I’d make a thread for everyone who’s been allocated to University College (Castle) at Durham, so that we can get to know each other a bit before September!! I’m Erin and I’m doing French and ab initio German :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nice idea starting this thread :smile: I’m Mia and got an offer for biology at Castle. Have you been to any open days yet?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by miaparis
Nice idea starting this thread :smile: I’m Mia and got an offer for biology at Castle. Have you been to any open days yet?

Hi!! I’ve never been to Durham before but I’m hopefully going to one of the post-offer days in March! Have you ever been?
Reply 3
Original post by mercibeaucoup
Hi!! I’ve never been to Durham before but I’m hopefully going to one of the post-offer days in March! Have you ever been?

Nopeee I haven’t been either aha such a long drive, looks so pretty though! Hopefully going to the overnight post offer day thing in March which should be good.
Thanks for starting this thread! I'm Kate and I got an offer for Economics
Nopeee I haven’t been either aha such a long drive, looks so pretty though! Hopefully going to the overnight post offer day thing in March which should be good.

Yes haha it's so far away! Whereabouts are you from? I'm from London so it's about a 4 hour drive or train journey eek!
Original post by Katherine_879
Thanks for starting this thread! I'm Kate and I got an offer for Economics

Hi Kate!! Well done on your offer, what other universities have you applied to?
Hi Kate!! Well done on your offer, what other universities have you applied to?

LSE, Warwick and Edinburgh. It seems though that Durham will be my first choice. What about you?
Original post by Katherine_879
LSE, Warwick and Edinburgh. It seems though that Durham will be my first choice. What about you?

I've got offers from Bath, Exeter and Kent (I did apply to Cambridge but got rejected post-interview oops) but Durham will almost definitely be my firm choice!!
Reply 9
Yes haha it's so far away! Whereabouts are you from? I'm from London so it's about a 4 hour drive or train journey eek!

Im from Southampton so its like 5-6 hours by car so that’s fun ahah but I guess it could be worse! Is Durham your top choice?
Im from Southampton so its like 5-6 hours by car so that’s fun ahah but I guess it could be worse! Is Durham your top choice?

Just saw ur message above ahah didn’t mean to ask the same question oops

Oh wow that is a long way!! Yes I think so, especially since I got Castle! Is it your top choice? Where else did you apply?
Just saw ur message above ahah didn’t mean to ask the same question oops

oops sorry just saw this message lol
Oh wow that is a long way!! Yes I think so, especially since I got Castle! Is it your top choice? Where else did you apply?

Yeah same getting into Castle kind of made my decision for me ahah! And I also got offers from Bath and Exeter and then Oxford rejected me lolll
Yeah same getting into Castle kind of made my decision for me ahah! And I also got offers from Bath and Exeter and then Oxford rejected me lolll

Aw haha we love being Oxbridge rejects aha!! Oh well it's their loss and now we get to live in a castle soooo...

What A levels are you doing?
Aw haha we love being Oxbridge rejects aha!! Oh well it's their loss and now we get to live in a castle soooo...

What A levels are you doing?

Hahaha living up to the Durham stereotype oops
And I’m taking Bio, Chem and maths. What about you?
(edited 4 years ago)
Hahaha living up to the Durham stereotype oop ✌🏻 Yep exactly who needs oxbridge when u can live at hogwarts aha
And I’m taking Bio, Chem and maths. What about you?

Hahaha yeah basically
I'm doing French, Biology and Psychology
Hahaha yeah basically
I'm doing French, Biology and Psychology

Oh nice! How do you find biology?
Got an offer yesterday for Castle, i'm doing Geography btw
Oh nice! How do you find biology?

I really enjoy it and my teachers are amazing but the mark schemes are so specific it's such a pain! We just finished respiration so I'm just getting my head around that lolll

Quick Reply

Latest