The Student Room Group

University application

Hi, I applied to 5 universities (duh) and got offers and interviews from three of them but two (ARTS UNIVERSITY BOURNEMOUTH and WESTMINSTER) still haven't said anything. They've just sent my applicant number and that's it. Should I be worried ? My teacher told me that if they still haven't said anything in a week, I should forget about them
What do you people think ?
Thanks
Reply 1
Universities have a certain date until which they must give you a reply. Theres still a while till this date and both universities are most likely still reviewing or haven’t got round to your application so there is no reason to be stressed.

Until a university says your application is unsuccessful, theres no reason for you to just forget about it since there is still a chance. Don’t be disheartened and keep your hopes up that you get an offer!

Hope this helps and also good luck for your interviews :smile:
Original post by nuggits
Universities have a certain date until which they must give you a reply. Theres still a while till this date and both universities are most likely still reviewing or haven’t got round to your application so there is no reason to be stressed.

Until a university says your application is unsuccessful, theres no reason for you to just forget about it since there is still a chance. Don’t be disheartened and keep your hopes up that you get an offer!

Hope this helps and also good luck for your interviews :smile:

Thank you for reassuring me, I really thought they didn't want me !
Thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lepetitjuif
Thank you for reassuring me, I really thought they didn't want me !
Thank you :smile:

Hey congrats on getting offers from all of your other unis! I’ve also applied to Bournemouth and just got an email today to attend an interview. So I’m sure you’ll receive a response soon, don’t worry☺️

I hope you don’t mind me asking, which other unis have you applied to, and have you got any idea on which you’ll firm already?
Original post by xnshma
Hey congrats on getting offers from all of your other unis! I’ve also applied to Bournemouth and just got an email today to attend an interview. So I’m sure you’ll receive a response soon, don’t worry☺️

I hope you don’t mind me asking, which other unis have you applied to, and have you got any idea on which you’ll firm already?

I hope so! It's been a while and I know the uni is has a great reputation and stuff but I feel like it's been quite a while... When did you send your application?

I have applied to AUB, Westminster, University for the Creative Arts, Portsmouth and Leeds Beckett (I don't like it anymore though). I applied for a film production course.
How about you? Where did you apply and for what course? :smile:
Reply 5
I hope so! It's been a while and I know the uni is has a great reputation and stuff but I feel like it's been quite a while... When did you send your application?

I have applied to AUB, Westminster, University for the Creative Arts, Portsmouth and Leeds Beckett (I don't like it anymore though). I applied for a film production course.
How about you? Where did you apply and for what course? :smile:

I sent my application a few days before the UCAS deadline😅 so I’m sure you’ll definitely hear from them soon, don’t worry!
I applied to Sheffield, Edinburgh, UAL and UCL. All for architecture, I’ve got an offer from Sheffield but haven’t heard back from the others just yet.😬😬
Do you have to do any interviews as well? This whole process is just so painstakingly long and architecture applicants have to do interviews for each uni that asks us to come in for one, which makes it so much better🙂😭
I've only had one interview so far. It was from UCA. I got a conditional offer from Portsmouth without any interview or submission of my portfolio (kinda weird that they don't even want to meet me or see my work, right?) and I have to submit my portfolio and attend an interview at Leeds but I don't think I want to go tbh
You're right: the wait is too freaking long. It makes you even more nervous!!!
Hi, I applied to 5 universities (duh) and got offers and interviews from three of them but two (ARTS UNIVERSITY BOURNEMOUTH and WESTMINSTER) still haven't said anything. They've just sent my applicant number and that's it. Should I be worried ? My teacher told me that if they still haven't said anything in a week, I should forget about them
What do you people think ?
Thanks

That was really bad advice from your teacher - unis have until 31st March to make people offers and they make lots of offers in Feb and March
Original post by harrysbar
That was really bad advice from your teacher - unis have until 31st March to make people offers and they make lots of offers in Feb and March

Yeah, that's what I thought !! Why would she tell me to give up when it's only been a month ?! She made me think that they didn't want me and stuff...

Thanks for reassuring me :smile:
Just got an email from AUB saying that I need to send a pre-selection portfolio !!!! :smile:
Yeah, that's what I thought !! Why would she tell me to give up when it's only been a month ?! She made me think that they didn't want me and stuff...

Thanks for reassuring me :smile:

Hi there

I'm sorry the admissions process is slow at Westminster. We have hundreds of applications for our Film BA degree. If you applied before 15 Jan deadline you should be hearing very soon. Selected applicants will have received a questionnaire to complete and send back. Then selected applicants will receive an interview in person at the university. This is the stage when they also show their portfolio. Have you received your questionnaire yet?

Thanks

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Reply 11
Hey guys, I have an interview with AUB next month and am quite unsure on what to put in my portfolio. I’m aware that they want a variety of medias and pieces to show the range of my abilities. But I’m still quite unsure, does anyone have any examples of accepted portfolios or tips they could share?
I looked at their website and they also said that we could send a portfolio informally by email for some feedback, and that this doesn’t affect our admission process in any way...but I’m still kinda wary of that. Should I do that, or work on my portfolio independently?🤔🤔
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi there

I'm sorry the admissions process is slow at Westminster. We have hundreds of applications for our Film BA degree. If you applied before 15 Jan deadline you should be hearing very soon. Selected applicants will have received a questionnaire to complete and send back. Then selected applicants will receive an interview in person at the university. This is the stage when they also show their portfolio. Have you received your questionnaire yet?

Thanks

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Nope, still nothing
Art unis/colleges always start interviews /selection around now. Your teacher is talking rubbish I am afraid. Would also be true if you had not heard back from a normal uni for an academic subject.
Nope, still nothing

Hi

Can you DM me your name and UCAS ID number and I will check this for you.

Kim
Original post by blursi
Hey guys, I have an interview with AUB next month and am quite unsure on what to put in my portfolio. I’m aware that they want a variety of medias and pieces to show the range of my abilities. But I’m still quite unsure, does anyone have any examples of accepted portfolios or tips they could share?
I looked at their website and they also said that we could send a portfolio informally by email for some feedback, and that this doesn’t affect our admission process in any way...but I’m still kinda wary of that. Should I do that, or work on my portfolio independently?🤔🤔

If I were I would create a new, brother 😕 Idk what you should do and I doubt anyone will answer you on this thread
Original post by University of Westminster
Hi

Can you DM me your name and UCAS ID number and I will check this for you.

Kim

Sure
Original post by blursi

Put your most recent work and work you will be happy to talk about into your portfolio. Daughter mounted pieces on A2 card and took photos of 3d pieces. I am sure informal portfolio offer is fine. They will just give you valuable feedback.
Reply 18
Original post by blursi

What course are you applying for ? For most of the unis I applied to for graphic design they listed examples of things you could include and how many pieces they want you to include

Quick Reply

Latest

No latest threads to show

Trending

Trending