The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

im a med sci student there already (applied through the transfer scheme) and most the med school seems to have a good social life (there less of them so they are all quite close) and we meet them through societies/ events and stuff and yeah its good,,, ive seen some of the accommodation and its not the biggest but most students live together after year 1 in the area. if anyone wants to know anything else about the uni id be happy to answer lol
Original post by star1812
Yes that is what I was told too x I love that about this uni x

Same
Original post by Ty600
How good are the facilities? At the interview we only really got to see the lobby and the interview place + waiting room/classroom.

I went on a tour after my interview, there is a Gp simulation suit, a mock hospital ward, super lab and anatomy lab
Are you guys currently studying for a levels?
Any graduates here ?
Original post by Lozc3
Are you guys currently studying for a levels?

i am:smile:
Since they do not specify what subjects they want an A or B am I right to assume I could get an A in my 3rd subject and 2 b’s for bio & chem?
Original post by schoolsuxs
Since they do not specify what subjects they want an A or B am I right to assume I could get an A in my 3rd subject and 2 b’s for bio & chem?

Yeah I have the contextual offer too, I’m guessing so
Are you able to intercalate at ARU? X
Reply 29
Are you able to intercalate at ARU? X

One year ago someone asked ARU and they said “We intend to offer Intercalated degrees subject to demand. They would be on offer after Year 3 of study and further information will be available on our website in due course.”
Probably they didn’t know how many people would have wanted to intercalate because no one was in Year 3, 4 or 5 last year
Original post by Medikj
One year ago someone asked ARU and they said “We intend to offer Intercalated degrees subject to demand. They would be on offer after Year 3 of study and further information will be available on our website in due course.”
Probably they didn’t know how many people would have wanted to intercalate because no one was in Year 3, 4 or 5 last year

Thank you! X
Anyone also know if we can defer a year.
Original post by Uluc02
I was looking at accommodation and the student village map says medicine students are all in one section, are we automatically put in with other medicine students or will we need to state that we are A100?

I think you’re automatically put with students so I assume when you apply for accommodation they group you together
Original post by jake_peralta
im a med sci student there already (applied through the transfer scheme) and most the med school seems to have a good social life (there less of them so they are all quite close) and we meet them through societies/ events and stuff and yeah its good,,, ive seen some of the accommodation and its not the biggest but most students live together after year 1 in the area. if anyone wants to know anything else about the uni id be happy to answer lol

What’s the general mood towards the course? Is it tough, are there any complaints? etc.
Got my offer today - yay!
Original post by goldenpoop
What’s the general mood towards the course? Is it tough, are there any complaints? etc.

its stressful but they seem to be enjoying it
Reply 36
Apart from updates on the portal and UCAS, has anyone who got an offer received an email from ARU?
Yes I have I got my offer on Friday and got an email from them yesterday x
Reply 38
Yes I have I got my offer on Friday and got an email from them yesterday x

Thank you, I just got it, I found it weird and was worried something was wrong haha
Hi, does anyone know if there will be an offer holder day?

Latest