The Student Room Group

My ex bf was abusive to me and i felt the need to send him an email

I sent him an email called him out on abuse even though we reconciled ...i still feel like during the reconciliation i apologised not him....

Anyway i just boasted about my new man ....and said i was happy and with a better man richer than him

I don't love this ex anymore or care for him just wanted to tell him f you in this manner.

I also told him i have reclaimed my life that i lost in an abusive relationship with him

It felt empowering
Original post by Anonymous
I sent him an email called him out on abuse even though we reconciled ...i still feel like during the reconciliation i apologised not him....

Anyway i just boasted about my new man ....and said i was happy and with a better man richer than him

I don't love this ex anymore or care for him just wanted to tell him f you in this manner.

I also told him i have reclaimed my life that i lost in an abusive relationship with him

It felt empowering

Doesnt sound empowering and some of it sounds immature, but if it has made you happier then thats not a bad sign.
Did you ever go to the police of his abuse? if not, you should still report it.
Also don't email him about your new man to possibly get a reaction. best to stop communicating with him.
What are you asking? Clearly shows that you haven’t moved on by writing an email to him. Grow up and stop victimising yourself. Move along.
Reply 4
The email was titled good bye and read this seriously

It's a good bye email
Reply 5
Original post by Oceans-Wave
Did you ever go to the police of his abuse? if not, you should still report it.
Also don't email him about your new man to possibly get a reaction. best to stop communicating with him.

It was a good bye mail
Reply 6
It was a good bye mail

I can never tell the police he didn't rape me he just was persistent about blow jobs even when i say no
And he used to yell at me and insult me when i had depression. ..

One day i was really effed up from depression and i had cried earlier he decided to *** on face that day....looking back now i see all those little things were abuse

And he isolated me...i never met his friends or family..
I can never tell the police he didn't rape me he just was persistent about blow jobs even when i say no
And he used to yell at me and insult me when i had depression. ..

One day i was really effed up from depression and i had cried earlier he decided to *** on face that day....looking back now i see all those little things were abuse

And he isolated me...i never met his friends or family..

I'm so sorry to hear this :frown: I'm glad you left him. I think from reading this, you could benefit from some therapy?

You have sent the email, now the best thing to do is block him and move on. Do the things you love and enjoy your life - that's the best revenge imo
The email was titled good bye and read this seriously

It's a good bye email

I understand why you sent him an email, but for someone who’s been through this - I advise you to stop. He abused you. You’re gone now and you’re better off. Surely if you’re with a new man and are happier, you wouldn’t have the time or the sadness to even be thinking of him, let alone email him.
Also - abusers love the attention you give them after the break up. It means they’re still in your mind and that you’re still caring. They thrive on this. That’s what people mean when they talk about the best revenge being to smile and move on - because they literally hate knowing that you’re happy and indifferent to them and have forgotten they even existed.
You’ve sent the email - you’ve called him out. Now stop writing and move on.
Reply 9
I understand why you sent him an email, but for someone who’s been through this - I advise you to stop. He abused you. You’re gone now and you’re better off. Surely if you’re with a new man and are happier, you wouldn’t have the time or the sadness to even be thinking of him, let alone email him.
Also - abusers love the attention you give them after the break up. It means they’re still in your mind and that you’re still caring. They thrive on this. That’s what people mean when they talk about the best revenge being to smile and move on - because they literally hate knowing that you’re happy and indifferent to them and have forgotten they even existed.
You’ve sent the email - you’ve called him out. Now stop writing and move on.

I actually emailed him yesterday. Interesting that you commented on this yesterday maybe you're my ex😂
I actually emailed him yesterday. Interesting that you commented on this yesterday maybe you're my ex😂

Why do you keep emailing him?
Original post by Pathway
Why do you keep emailing him?

This was the first email since this post. I urgently need to borrow money and i know he will help.
This was the first email since this post. I urgently need to borrow money and i know he will help.

Lol...This is so dysfunctional, haha. Stop going back to a guy who you've said abused you. Don't give him or yourself avenues back to each other, lest you want to get ****ed over again. Plus, I thought your new man was rich?
Original post by Pathway
Lol...This is so dysfunctional, haha. Stop going back to a guy who you've said abused you. Don't give him or yourself avenues back to each other, lest you want to get ****ed over again. Plus, I thought your new man was rich?

Yes he is rich. We're at the beginning stages of our relationship and i really don't wanna ask him for money and mess it up. It sounds a bit twisted to contact my ex but i was with him for long and i know he'd help in a heart beat if he had extra money laying around and ill oay him back as soon as possible. I really don't wanwa jeopardize my relationship with the new guy or look like a gold digger so he might think something else if i ask. And i suspect the reason why our relationship has flourished to this point is because i don't ask for money or expect him to pay or things like that. He likes that i don't want him for money

Lmao!! I hate those thoughts, I get them as well lmao but no just leave it now and **** it

Stop emailing him. The first message was fine (bar the parts about getting with someone richer) but you don't want to keep a line of communication open with someone who treated you so badly, even if it is to use him for money. You need to draw a line under your relationship and move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending