The Student Room Group
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

St Georges A101 Offer Holders 2020

Figured somebody ought to start this now, may as well be me!

How’s everybody recovering from interview week? Those offers came quickly didn’t they! :smile:

I’ve already firmed up as I want to stay in London (and it’s my only London option). So I’ll definitely be seeing some of you in September.

Anybody else going to the offer holder day on 4th March?

Daniel

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No intention of doing any of those! :smile:
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London
Reply 2
Heya, literally still in recovery from the shock of getting in ahah - firmed George’s and withdrew from the other 3 so I’ll defo see you in September

I won’t be joining on the 4th because as well as being a returning student I actually do temp work at George’s and I have a shift on the same day - however cuz I’m on site I’ll probs see you around anyway lol

I look forward to the next 4 years with you all and if you have any questions about what George’s in general is like or what the best food to snag from Tooting is ask away :smile:
Same as you guys, keep looking at the email to make sure I haven’t misread it. Definitely firming it and withdrawing from other interviews.

@danielpercy I’ll be there on the 4th too!
I'll be there on the 4th but I'm stopping short of firming as I'd like to wait for all my unis to respond first
Reply 5
Original post by hailtothethief
I'll be there on the 4th but I'm stopping short of firming as I'd like to wait for all my unis to respond first

I was tempted to do that (if only just to see how Warwick went), but I figured me sitting out waiting for a potential offer could be denying somebody else the same chance there.

Something quite reassuring about seeing it say that I've firmly accepted in eVision as well! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by danielpercy

Something quite reassuring about seeing it say that I've firmly accepted in eVision as well! :smile:

For me it’s feeling like it’s actually “real” now and I can let that sink in haha
Reply 7
Every time I remember I get excited all over again! 😂 I'm undecided about the open day as would need to take another day off work - but will look out for you if I do!
What are people thinking for accommodation? I feel like private accom makes more sense but how are people planning on finding folks to live with?
Reply 9
Original post by TheOneAmr
What are people thinking for accommodation? I feel like private accom makes more sense but how are people planning on finding folks to live with?

Probs just gonna commute as I live in London, and it’s cheaper - Horton Halls isn’t so bad tho, about a 15min walk from George’s.

Most ppl who flat share privately tend to live from Balham down to Colliers Wood as far as I know.

I live in Twickenham, so the plan is to commute (should be ok for many placements too, I hope!)
I live in west London so was thinking of living closer to uni for the first year at least when it’s intense, might find a flat share or a studio room if I can.
Original post by PAtoMEDIC
I live in west London so was thinking of living closer to uni for the first year at least when it’s intense, might find a flat share or a studio room if I can.

Can I ask how long it takes you to get from WL to tooting?
I have to get to Bank which takes about 45 minutes and then from Bank to Tooting is about 25 minutes, then a 10 minute walk from Tooting. Overall about an hour and a halfish @theoneamr
(edited 4 years ago)
I have to get to Bank which takes about 45 minutes and then from Bank to Tooting is about 25 minutes, then a 10 minute walk from Tooting. Overall about an hour and a halfish @theoneamr

ah interesting - I don't live in london but I live like 20 mins from luton and I took me around the same time to get there. I might also see if a commute is viable in the later years
ah interesting - I don't live in london but I live like 20 mins from luton and I took me around the same time to get there. I might also see if a commute is viable in the later years

Yeah a lot of people have said the first year is tough since it’s essentially 2 years in 1. So I figured I’d cut the commute time and use it to study or something then reassess the next year to see if it’s worth doing again. I just hate commuting, I live like 10 minutes from my uni now and it’s perfect.
Yeah a lot of people have said the first year is tough since it’s essentially 2 years in 1. So I figured I’d cut the commute time and use it to study or something then reassess the next year to see if it’s worth doing again. I just hate commuting, I live like 10 minutes from my uni now and it’s perfect.

Yeah, I'm sure after everyone hears back there will be group chats and stuff to find housemates. I'm the exact same, live right next to uni and even then sometimes if it's raining I cba walk it hahahha
Congrats everyone on your offers! I was just wondering about the university's policy on providing deferred entry because they give more offers than they have places for. Does anyone know about this? Specifically whether it's worth firming now, or waiting for other unis to get back. (I have a notts interview on 7th April, but very worried the SGUL place will be gone by the time I hear back!) xx
Lmao George’s got flooded RIP
Original post by hopefulklw
Congrats everyone on your offers! I was just wondering about the university's policy on providing deferred entry because they give more offers than they have places for. Does anyone know about this? Specifically whether it's worth firming now, or waiting for other unis to get back. (I have a notts interview on 7th April, but very worried the SGUL place will be gone by the time I hear back!) xx

Hey, surely the place isn’t ‘gone’ until we either withdraw from SGUL or don’t accept it before the UCAS deadline?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending