The Student Room Group

Xenon modelling, London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Adjeiwaa
Original post by Tunisia1
Has anyone had any experience(good or bad) with xenon model agency in London?
I doubt they are legit xause after I paid I can't reach them

Don’t do it it’s a scam
Original post by Candy69
Hi how else can you get your money back

Hi, you will have to contact action fraud and your bank
Original post by Samo9898
Hi could you get in touch with me I’ve had a similar experience and going to try and do something, to get the money back and expose these people for what they really are - please PM me

Hello, yes I agree, these people seem to think they can get away with it, not the case I'm afraid! One way or another they will pay up, or wish they had. Try the legal way first. They build the Hope's up of young people and then nothing, I witnessed a young girl in there on her own being told something by one of the guys, didn't look like good news because she looked devastated, poor kid.
Hi, I been scammed as well yesterday, I had a long weekend on a course, my wife had booked a photoshoot with ga11ry so they went there and all gone well, the son is only 3 years old and mom was proud how good he was on photoshootAnyway, I come out of the course 5pm and I get a call from my wife saying our son is been selected out of 230 people to do a photoshoot for Armani Junior in 3weeks which will payout £3500 but in order to do that we have to pay a £1000 now to secure this possession. Anyway, I went there 26A Market Place “Ga11ery” and met up with my wife and them so this guy started explaining how the fashion industry works etc, it did sound too good to be true and and I felt it we were being scammed, but he said in three weeks time he said you have a photoshoot with Armani Junior and you will get the money back what is there to be worried etc and he was trying to convince my wife you don’t want to miss this opportunity to go and shoot for Armani etc. I was also tired so finally we Paid £1000, driving on the way home I kept saying to my wife this can’t be true, few accessions I caught them twisting words so I looked it up online when we got home and all that is coming up was all these bad reviews from thestudentroom.co.uk I rang the bank to see if we can cancel the payment and because I signed and agreement they said is nothing they can do, the can’t put it as a fraud because I signed for it. Just wondering if there is a way to get the money back, through Financial ombudsman or report it to the police or anything? Sure there most be away not to let these guys get away with it what they are doing to all these people? Thank you
Original post by Timi Hysaj
Hi, I been scammed as well yesterday, I had a long weekend on a course, my wife had booked a photoshoot with ga11ry so they went there and all gone well, the son is only 3 years old and mom was proud how good he was on photoshootAnyway, I come out of the course 5pm and I get a call from my wife saying our son is been selected out of 230 people to do a photoshoot for Armani Junior in 3weeks which will payout £3500 but in order to do that we have to pay a £1000 now to secure this possession. Anyway, I went there 26A Market Place “Ga11ery” and met up with my wife and them so this guy started explaining how the fashion industry works etc, it did sound too good to be true and and I felt it we were being scammed, but he said in three weeks time he said you have a photoshoot with Armani Junior and you will get the money back what is there to be worried etc and he was trying to convince my wife you don’t want to miss this opportunity to go and shoot for Armani etc. I was also tired so finally we Paid £1000, driving on the way home I kept saying to my wife this can’t be true, few accessions I caught them twisting words so I looked it up online when we got home and all that is coming up was all these bad reviews from thestudentroom.co.uk I rang the bank to see if we can cancel the payment and because I signed and agreement they said is nothing they can do, the can’t put it as a fraud because I signed for it. Just wondering if there is a way to get the money back, through Financial ombudsman or report it to the police or anything? Sure there most be away not to let these guys get away with it what they are doing to all these people? Thank you

Ask your bank for a refund under section 75. or cash back .Tell them your story and show them all the evidence you have.
I finally got my money back 😁 but I still want to get this stopped!
They cant keep ripping people off like this.
It will take a bit of time but hopefully the bank will see that this is fraud and pay you back your money.
Good luck.
Good news , I finally got my money back.
Ask for cash back or section 75 and give your bank any evidence you have including this chat .
Hopefully , they can report this to the police and get this stopped!
I'm still going to try and make people aware of what they may fall into when applying for these modelling agencies.
Original post by Manicmum
Ask your bank for a refund under section 75. or cash back .Tell them your story and show them all the evidence you have.
It will take a bit of time but hopefully the bank will see that this is fraud and pay you back your money.
Good luck.

Thank you for reply, Section 75 does not apply to me as I used debit card instead even though I had a feeling I am being scammed thats how tired I was and how much I was concentrating, I spoke to them today and they are still trying to say the job offer is still out there but they are working on trying to set up the portfolio, I been promised again that I will be getting two emails today, one with contract and the other with all the information that how they are working on it etc and all I got was the same photos they gave us yesterday. I wrote to them stating that I paid the money for this particular job you offered us and not for portfolio as we already have that, we don’t need another one

I asked them to confirm if the job offer is still there like we been promised because this is the reason why I paid 1k
If if you can’t confirm I request a full refund.

Will se where it goes from tomorrow, I will try and log a back charge dispute if they don’t refund me but I doubt it very if they will.

Thanks again
Thank you for reply, Section 75 does not apply to me as I used debit card instead even though I had a feeling I am being scammed thats how tired I was and how much I was concentrating, I spoke to them today and they are still trying to say the job offer is still out there but they are working on trying to set up the portfolio, I been promised again that I will be getting two emails today, one with contract and the other with all the information that how they are working on it etc and all I got was the same photos they gave us yesterday. I wrote to them stating that I paid the money for this particular job you offered us and not for portfolio as we already have that, we don’t need another one
I asked them to confirm if the job offer is still there like we been promised because this is the reason why I paid 1k
Will se where it goes from tomorrow, I will try and log a back charge dispute if they don’t refund me but I doubt it very if they will.

I paid with both credit and debit charge. The exact same thing happened to me .I cant believe they are still operating from the same address.
I too knew it was a scam but could not stop myself.I think they use psychological techniques such as the loud music and the bombardment of information which you cant possibly take it all in.
Tell your bank about it and show them this chat , if they see more people have been misled they might get your money back.
No one from the agency has been in touch with me again , I was told the same thing that they had set up some job board and also asked for my child's dob and mine🤔
They probably want to sell these details to other scammers and fraudsters who will use them for identity theft.
I dont trust anyone now. Sad world we live in now 😥Hope you get your money back and these people are stopped.

I paid with both credit and debit charge. The exact same thing happened to me .I cant believe they are still operating from the same address.
I too knew it was a scam but could not stop myself.I think they use psychological techniques such as the loud music and the bombardment of information which you cant possibly take it all in.
Tell your bank about it and show them this chat , if they see more people have been misled they might get your money back.
No one from the agency has been in touch with me again , I was told the same thing that they had set up some job board and also asked for my child's dob and mine🤔
They probably want to sell these details to other scammers and fraudsters who will use them for identity theft.
I dont trust anyone now. Sad world we live in now 😥Hope you get your money back and these people are stopped.

I couldn’t agree more with you and thank you for your support

I think there reason they operate from the same premises is that there is no law, This should be classed as a criminal record ripping people off, I understand police are well loaded with a lot more other important things going on especially around london but this should not be happening either, I am fortunate they only asked for 1k as I seen some other posts in here people paid like 6-7k which is probably an annual savings for a normal working class family and they should not be allowed to get away with it, They are also criminals not alone scammers and fraudsters.
I don’t if the police will get involved but I am very concerned about our identity and our sons images being put on site where they shouldn’t be and there was a way to stop this happening.
If I don’t hear anything concrete tomorrow I should do a visit to the studio in a hope I can find them there and speak face to face and see what they have to say to this, Even if I don’t get my money back I am not going to let it go easy and I will everything I can to put blocks on their way so at least someone else will mot fall a victim like us.

I think there reason they operate from the same premises is that there is no law, This should be classed as a criminal record ripping people off, I understand police are well loaded with a lot more other important things going on especially around london but this should not be happening either, I am fortunate they only asked for 1k as I seen some other posts in here people paid like 6-7k which is probably an annual savings for a normal working class family and they should not be allowed to get away with it, They are also criminals not alone scammers and fraudsters.
I don’t if the police will get involved but I am very concerned about our identity and our sons images being put on site where they shouldn’t be and there was a way to stop this happening.
If I don’t hear anything concrete tomorrow I should do a visit to the studio in a hope I can find them there and speak face to face and see what they have to say to this, Even if I don’t get my money back I am not going to let it go easy and I will everything I can to put blocks on their way so at least someone else will mot fall a victim like us.

Just be careful if you go there.They have security and when I was there another 2 men (plus the security guard) so 3 other men came into the studio .The guy said they were his brothers but probably his body guards?
They also have CCTV I think.
They will probably just tell you another pack of lies anyway so I wouldn't waste my time.
Email them requesting your money back and keep it as evidence.
I hope you can get back what you paid .
Take care.
Reply 70
Please please please avoid. I went with my daughter. They took photos and then took us to a room and presented us with the pictures looking stunning. Then the man who's name is Zain Ali said there is a photo shoot for gap in 3 weeks time and he has told gap to stop looking as they have found someone my daughter. Said will get paid approx 3k for this. Then he showed us 3 different packages that we need to buy the cheapest being about 3800. Me and wife went out the room to discuss then went back in half an hour later and told him we can't afford this. He said he will pay the 3k and we pay 800 as he sees so much potential in my daughter. I paid and have not heard a word back from them When I ring them they do not answer . When they have always told someone will ring me back. Once I spoke to someone and she started speaking over me saying she doesn't like my tone and no one will ring you back. BIG SCAM. Stay away.
Reply 71
Good luck.

I have not got my money back. Bank said that I got a portfolio on usb so they did supply me with something
Original post by Charlottebuckle
I’ve contacted them and they have put it back into my account while they investigate it further. I went to Oxford street but I think they have moved now

Did you get to keep the refund? I just got a letter from my bank to say they have refunded me the money while they look into it but the may take it back if they find other information.
Feeling worried.
Xenon models is now called Ga11ery Models and is in the same location, 26A Market Place, Fitzrovia, W1W 8AW. They just tried to scam me out of £2000!!
Original post by Lorenzoooo
Xenon models is now called Ga11ery Models and is in the same location, 26A Market Place, Fitzrovia, W1W 8AW. They just tried to scam me out of £2000!!

There is a whole other chat on The Student Room about Ga11ery.
Seems there is no stopping these people.
They took mine 4000 saying that they had a contract with Zara for me. Such a liers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They didnt give me no contract, nothing.
They r bull**** they took my 1000 pound Sam a single mother with three. Kids and they took my money and promise me a job my kids r devestated that money could have taken us on holiday this is a scam
Seems like it’s the same scam but the are called Social Media Model now. Same story and same address on Market Place In London. Same security on the door etc... feel really sad - more for my daughter than for being ripped off. Paid with credit card and will start the process of trying to get my money back tomorrow...
So angry they robbed me 1100pounds from my student finance am devasted they promise my children jobs I relaly wish they can get closed down xenon models r scam jus people taking photos n getting paid
Good luck.

Did you receive anything from them? A stick, a web page, anything?

Quick Reply

Latest