The Student Room Group

Are mature student applications treated differently to normal age applications?

I know that wasn't written well but you know what I mean...

So, are they? Are uni's more lenient towards applicants who are 21+? Do they adopt a more open approach to these applications?
Original post by bloomer36
I know that wasn't written well but you know what I mean...

So, are they? Are uni's more lenient towards applicants who are 21+? Do they adopt a more open approach to these applications?

I would not believe so. Some universities ask for recent academic experience, however. Some will accept recent experience in lieu of grades. It all depends on that individual university's requirements. I would look closely at the universities you want to go to, and perhaps even phone up to ask :smile:
I think it'll depend on the type of degree you're looking to take. and the qualifications you have under your belt. if you're older but have qualifications equal to the entry requirements then there's no problem.

you are best contacting Universities directly to ask if they'll consider your experience in addition to your education, for example.
AFAIK, Yes and No. You don't get any lenience for the age itself (certainly not at 21 tbh) but past a point you get to use experience and training in lieu of entry requirements. (to an extent) like I didn't need any A levels/access course, I was able to talk my way in with a few short OU courses to demonstrate recent study,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending