The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hey,
i'm not sure if this will help but do you have anxiety or any other fear or phobia? often this can be the cause of sick feelings. i also feel constantly sick and apparently my doctor told me its because i have emetiphobia xx
Hi. I keep hearing about people being sick and if you guys are generally sick then it would be good for you to get hold of some ginger chewing gum which my friends dad (who is or used to be a biology lecturer). Hope you get better soon
Yes! I have and I still do, need to know the answer so bad! I went to the doctors and they sad there was nothing to worry about. I think it can be nerves or lack of vitamin take even though I still feel sick!
Reply 43
Hi I'm adam waite I have been feeling sick for a couple of weeks I don.t know what it's corsing it I am worried about it now can anyone know what it might be please
I am 39 yrs old and feel sick most days. I first went to the gp when I was 15 and they gave gave gavisv on and sent me away...this progressed to the next 20 years fighting anorexia first then bulimia! Ive been to the gp over and over...irritable bowl...acid reflux...keep a food diary! I am so fed up of it. I am sat here now feel I like I am going to throw up after having the day of work because I feel so unwell. ..I think the bottom line is- we dont know what it is so put it down to stress anlive with it but it really does impact on all aspects of life!!
Original post by =nuke=
Yes, for the past year or so. I've been through Prochlorperazine, Metoclopramide and even Amitriptyline (just in case migraines are the cause) and we're still no closer to finding out what's causing it.

Blood tests have shown nothing, pupil dilation has shown nothing, I don't drink, I'm not stressed and I'm not allergic to anything.

Let me know if you find any answers. I'm rather fed up and I'm sure my doctor's sick of seeing me.

Honestly trust me , it is stress . I know it’s not something you want to hear . If you are worried about vomiting then you have to keep telling yourself that you won’t be sick and it’s all okay . I have been through the exact same thing as you and it’s horrible . It is 100% stress and I have no doubt about it . I really hope this helps you

- A doctor in Teddington
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,
I feel sick all the time lately...just feel like I'm going to be sick all the time, although I never am.

Has anyone experienced this before?

I think you should go to the doctor, and there on do what they suggest
Yep- sometimes during the day but often towards the evening I feel really sick.. it’s horrible 😣 glad somebody else can relate
Hey,
I feel sick all the time lately...just feel like I'm going to be sick all the time, although I never am.

k so ik this was a decade ago but ppl like me probably still reading these things. i got food poisoning back in october on holiday and threw up loads on the second day. for the rest of the holiday i was so scared of throwing up again it made me feel like i was going to throw up which obviously puts you in a vicious cycle. so went back to school after holiday like usual but i began to feel like i was going to throw up every now and then. i was terrified i would because 1. that would be embarrassing and 2. i realise now that i have an extreme phobia of throwing up. these episodes got progressively worse. went to a gp and therapist and it’s anxiety and panic attacks. i felt so much relief knowing what i had was real and not just all in my mind. fast forward to now (august) and i’m on holiday in a similarly laid out hotel room. it’s been 2 weeks and i constantly feel like i’m going to throw up. i guess my body has an association with it. it’s only when i think about it though. i’m feeling sick as i’m writing this right now😫 anyways, if you’re reading this, know you’re not alone and it will pass, you won’t remember this and it’s only temporary. you are not going to throw up, your chest is fine and you can breathe.
Original post by =nuke=
Yes, for the past year or so. I've been through Prochlorperazine, Metoclopramide and even Amitriptyline (just in case migraines are the cause) and we're still no closer to finding out what's causing it.

Blood tests have shown nothing, pupil dilation has shown nothing, I don't drink, I'm not stressed and I'm not allergic to anything.

Let me know if you find any answers. I'm rather fed up and I'm sure my doctor's sick of seeing me.

I know this is super old but did it go?
Original post by Mrslab1000
I know this is super old but did it go?

Original post by Kelpie Queen
Yep- sometimes during the day but often towards the evening I feel really sick.. it’s horrible 😣 glad somebody else can relate

Have you found out the cause ?
k so ik this was a decade ago but ppl like me probably still reading these things. i got food poisoning back in october on holiday and threw up loads on the second day. for the rest of the holiday i was so scared of throwing up again it made me feel like i was going to throw up which obviously puts you in a vicious cycle. so went back to school after holiday like usual but i began to feel like i was going to throw up every now and then. i was terrified i would because 1. that would be embarrassing and 2. i realise now that i have an extreme phobia of throwing up. these episodes got progressively worse. went to a gp and therapist and it’s anxiety and panic attacks. i felt so much relief knowing what i had was real and not just all in my mind. fast forward to now (august) and i’m on holiday in a similarly laid out hotel room. it’s been 2 weeks and i constantly feel like i’m going to throw up. i guess my body has an association with it. it’s only when i think about it though. i’m feeling sick as i’m writing this right now😫 anyways, if you’re reading this, know you’re not alone and it will pass, you won’t remember this and it’s only temporary. you are not going to throw up, your chest is fine and you can breathe.

Has yours gone?
Hey,

Hi I know this is super old but what was it and did it go??
Original post by Kolasinac138
I have this too for two years now

Did it go?.what was it?
Hey,

U have coronavirus. ITS CORONA TIMEEEEE!
U have coronavirus. ITS CORONA TIMEEEEE!

Helpful thanks
N

Original post by Klizie
Hi,

I CONSTANTLY feel sick, its soo rubbish, and sometimes quite unbearable, but as the same as most of you .. never am actually sick.

Anyway, i went to my doctors like so many times, he must of been so sick of me (excuse the pun lol) , and they did blood tests, all different like tests and shizz, and they are obsessed with the fact its anxiety.

Anyway, ive been seeing my counseller person for 5 months now, and tried SO many different techniques, tips and changed my diet, sleeping routine etc .. and its made NO difference at all.

Im really at the end of my teather toooo :frown: .. just wanted to let you know, your not the only person feeling like this :smile:. x

Hi what was it?
Hey,

Are you on the pill or anything like that? As sometimes new pills or taking them back to back can cause nausea. If not then possibly stress? I've experienced nausea on both parts and it isn't pleasant, stopped me from eating cause I was worried about throwing up and making myself feel worse. It lasted for about a month or so and eventually went on its own. I struggled dealing with it but mostly just ate little and often, drank plenty of water and slept a lot if I'm honest just to almost ignore it. Is there a chance you could be pregnant?
Original post by em_rose_99
Are you on the pill or anything like that? As sometimes new pills or taking them back to back can cause nausea. If not then possibly stress? I've experienced nausea on both parts and it isn't pleasant, stopped me from eating cause I was worried about throwing up and making myself feel worse. It lasted for about a month or so and eventually went on its own. I struggled dealing with it but mostly just ate little and often, drank plenty of water and slept a lot if I'm honest just to almost ignore it. Is there a chance you could be pregnant?

Hi I'm def not pregnant and not any medication. Did you feel sick after you eat?
Original post by Mrslab1000
Hi I'm def not pregnant and not any medication. Did you feel sick after you eat?

Yes, the more I ate the more sick I felt, I initially thought it was a reaction to some foods, so tried changing what I ate a little and went back to normal once I felt better, I feel fine now. Maybe they chopping and changing your diet a little cause sometimes dairy could influence the nausea a bit, or if there's certain foods your eating a lot of your body may not be agreeing with it, so maybe give that a go. Hope you feel better soon!

Latest