The Student Room Group

Plymouth offered me BBC for optometry

I got an offer from Plymouth for BBC (if I put them as my firm choice) to study optometry but I want to go to Cardiff, but they’re offering ABB.

I’m predicting ABB but I don’t know if I’ll get that.

So, if I put Plymouth down as my firm and I end up getting ABB in my actual a levels could I decline Plymouth and try to get into Cardiff?
Original post by Gurdeepthelegend
I got an offer from Plymouth for BBC (if I put them as my firm choice) to study optometry but I want to go to Cardiff, but they’re offering ABB.

I’m predicting ABB but I don’t know if I’ll get that.

So, if I put Plymouth down as my firm and I end up getting ABB in my actual a levels could I decline Plymouth and try to get into Cardiff?

You could try, but it would make far more sense to firm Cardiff and insure Plymouth. That's the point of the firm/insurance system.
Original post by eclipseboi
You could try, but it would make far more sense to firm Cardiff and insure Plymouth. That's the point of the firm/insurance system.

But they offered me BBC subject to me putting them as my firm. If I put them as insurance, then the grade changes to AAB
Original post by Gurdeepthelegend
But they offered me BBC subject to me putting them as my firm. If I put them as insurance, then the grade changes to AAB

My mistake, I should have read your post properly. Apologies!
The thing is, if you firm Plymouth you might not be able to get a place at Cardiff because the course might be full.
It would be the safer option though, because Plymouth might not accept you with lower grades if you don’t firm them.

If you really want Cardiff, I would firm them, there is just a slight chance you won’t get a place at either if you don’t get the grades. This is unlikely though, because Plymouth would probably accept you without ABB anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest