The Student Room Group

8s and 9s gcse

In my November mocks I got grades 7-8 with one 9. Do you think I could push that up to 8-9 come may with around 5 hours of active revision on the weekdays and 8 hours on the weekend until exams?
If u mean 5 hours altogether on weekdays, instead of 5 hours every day, and 8 hours altogether with breaks in between on weekends, then yes u will be getting all 8-9s, depends on how effective ur revision technique is
Reply 2
Original post by hallaluliah
If u mean 5 hours altogether on weekdays, instead of 5 hours every day, and 8 hours altogether with breaks in between on weekends, then yes u will be getting all 8-9s, depends on how effective ur revision technique is

I've been doing 5 hours every day and 8 hours each day on the weekend for a week by doing past papers and flashcards. Is that possibly too much?
Original post by hannahk987
I've been doing 5 hours every day and 8 hours each day on the weekend for a week by doing past papers and flashcards. Is that possibly too much?

THAT IS TOO MUCH. effective learning is spaced out learning, having breaks in between, treating urself, don't u get bored doing it 5 hrs straight? don't u feel tired? wow how do u have time, i am impressed but also scared for ur wellbeing...:s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by hallaluliah
THAT IS TOO MUCH. effective learning is spaced out learning, having breaks in between, treating urself, don't u get bored doing it 5 hrs straight? don't u feel tired? wow how do u have time, i am impressed but also scared for ur wellbeing...:s-smilie:

haha i don't really have a social life so i sort of enjoy studying now because otherwise i would get bored. Do you think that will help me get all 8s and 9s though?
Original post by hannahk987
haha i don't really have a social life so i sort of enjoy studying now because otherwise i would get bored. Do you think that will help me get all 8s and 9s though?

Well if u enjoy it, then i guess with a few breaks in between then yeah :smile:
i might be able to help with english :smile:

Hello,

I am running a business currently in order to raise money for an expedition in 2021.

In order to raise the funds I have created sample papers for GCSE AQA English Literature and Language. With this, I am hoping to distribute the papers across the country for Year 10 and 11s in the post that you can complete and send back to our address. These will then be marked by experienced English markers, who mark for AQA, and the marks will be returned to you, and your scripts will be returned to you by email (scanned it).
** Most importantly : with your marks we will send you a detailed personalised document containing top tips on how you can improve, and these will be written by the examiners who mark your paper**

If anyone is interested, please comment on this forum, the cost will be £5, which is very cheap considering the experience of examiners and the tips you will be given back which is personalised.

This is a very lucky opportunity, and when I used a similar service this time last year it really benefited me and it helped me progress from 6s to 9s.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest