The Student Room Group

What is your most pointless life achievement?

Scroll to see replies

Lunchtime manners certificate (1 in 200 per year).

Pass grade in OCR national and level 1 BTEC in something I can't remember. I did no work for either, so it was obviously faked by the school.
Reply 21
Sad life when you can't even class an achievement as your most pointless since you don't have any at all :lol:
award for blowing bubbles underwater for 3 seconds - year 1 swimming lessons
or maybe those golden headteachers award stickers those were like badges of honour
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Obolinda
15816195051492901516352995840956.jpg

do u get into places for free
Once made a youtube video that got around 300,000 views or so when I pretended I saw slenderman down my road. Took it down as soon as people I knew found it aha.
Probs my fake Oxford MA :tongue: It was fun having the graduation ceremony for it and being hit on the head with a Bible, though :biggrin:
Won an internal mooting competition last month. :cool:

or, I managed to score 98/100 on my A-level legal system exam. It meant nothing, but I was weirdly proud of it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Probs my fake Oxford MA :tongue: It was fun having the graduation ceremony for it and being hit on the head with a Bible, though :biggrin:

tell us more about how u aquired ur fake oxford ma
I was briefly #6 in the world for Grand Theft Auto 4 rankings out of god knows, millions? I just got way too good at the fine control needed to insta double tap people, I got a gaming headset just so i could switch it on and leave it on the coffee table, just for the tinny swearing :tongue:

AFAIK I hold the national record for my City & Guilds, perfect score, although it helps i was in the first year do it :rolleyes:

I'm qualified to join MENSA apparently, unless it lapses....but that probably just means i'm smart enough to be asked to buy books and such by MENSA :tongue:
Original post by steamed-hams
do u get into places for free

yh, but have to get a card
Original post by steamed-hams
tell us more about how u aquired ur fake oxford ma

I did an Oxford undergrad, got my BA, waited an extra four years, paid £25 and had the BA "converted" into an MA without doing any extra studying. (Oxford and Cambridge don't award MA degrees for Masters level - they're either MSc, MPhil, or MSt!) :smartass:

So I had a degree ceremony and lunch and everything for a fake qualification :devil: :teehee: :innocent:
Reply 31
Original post by PQ
Getting the most downvoted comment on a BBC Have Your Say article :flute:

Haha link it to me please :tongue:
being hit on the head with a Bible, though :biggrin:

:lolwut:
Original post by Obolinda
:lolwut:

That's Oxford for you! :tongue:
If you remember the pop kiddie magazines Smash Hits, dunno if its still around but when I was at school I used to buy them religiously every month and collected at least 200 altogether. Took me years to throw them away haha just couldn't bring myself to do it.

So I had a degree ceremony and lunch and everything for a fake qualification :devil: :teehee: :innocent:

That sounds like an entirely positive use of a day and a damn good use of £25? :tongue:
Reply 36
Original post by lazerbeem
Getting a diploma in business studies. A year of my life wasted because it was some ****ty college course which made zero difference to my CV because everywhere wants experience and I don't have any. Oh well.
It was £1,500 for the course but the real expense is my time I guess since the course was funded on a loan

Surely this should have been free? Anyway studying business is pointless overall, its too generic.

Quick Reply

Latest