The Student Room Group

First smoking experience?

What was the first cig you smoked and how was it and were you addicted instantly? Just curious to see everyones first experience after having mine many years ago.
I was 15 and at a very good party and just in this careless mood and intoxicated and then you don't really think about what you are doing so I just went for it with a friend who smoked. I don't really know if I could inhale though so it might have been fake smoking haha
I'd have been 12/13 but I honestly can't remember it, I remember buying single ciggies off the older kids at army cadet camp...but not sure if i had one before, i know i nicked a few off my mum as well :tongue:

Also couldn't really say when i got addicted, quick, but yeah, it's in there good...determined to get off the damn things this year.
Reply 3
Original post by springpastell
I was 15 and at a very good party and just in this careless mood and intoxicated and then you don't really think about what you are doing so I just went for it with a friend who smoked. I don't really know if I could inhale though so it might have been fake smoking haha

Much the same as me then :biggrin: was around 16 when i was at a party and was just like fk it lets do it. It was a menthol rollie and it was probably the foulest feeling ever, couldnt stop coughing for 5 minutes it was god awful :eyeball:
I had a menthol cig when I was around 16, it was disgusting and I'd never do it again.
Reply 5
Original post by MidgetFever
I had a menthol cig when I was around 16, it was disgusting and I'd never do it again.

luckily theyre banning menthol cigs in the uk soon.
Original post by Gillzy

Good riddance :tongue:
Always made me wonder how people stand the taste of either.
Reply 7
A friend thought that this bush in a field was weed so we picked some of it, rolled it up in toilet paper and set it on fire and that was us trying to smoke it.

Surprise, it wasn't weed.
Original post by Gillzy

I half heard a shop guy tell a customer this earlier, I thought he said they're banning everything BUT menthol, I thought 'sick bas****s...I can deal with the cancer, the photos of dead feet and hilarious funerals, but that's just inhuman!" :tongue:
shared one with friends at a sixth form party
Not addicted, you can smoke every now and then at social occasions and be relatively risk free I reckon
Reply 11
Original post by MidgetFever
Good riddance :tongue:
Always made me wonder how people stand the taste of either.

I hope the ban applies to other products too; I was at a football match and stuck near someone who was vaping a menthol and cinnamon liquid. The smell was vile! :eviltongue:

I've never smoked.

Quick Reply

Latest