The Student Room Group

If you could have any tattoo, what would it be?

No matter the price, the pain, the area, what tattoo would you get? And what would the meaning behind it be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
a butterfly. i’m not sure why, after my last suicide attempt i started to really appreciate the beauty of them. they almost remind me of growth, that things change and although things are bad right now, with a lot of effort and work you can turn them into something beautiful. life can be pretty if you wait for it to be, i need to be patient, life won’t get better overnight.
Original post by kiyuni
a butterfly. i’m not sure why, after my last suicide attempt i started to really appreciate the beauty of them. they almost remind me of growth, that things change and although things are bad right now, with a lot of effort and work you can turn them into something beautiful. life can be pretty if you wait for it to be, i need to be patient, life won’t get better overnight.

I admire you for telling your story, in my eyes you are brave. Xx
Original post by kiyuni

thats beautiful, I wholeheartedly support this idea n the meaning behind it, this same reasoning is why I'd like to get nature related tattoos, sometimes it's hard to remember the beauty in the world when what you're going through is so negative and ugly
I'd want to get a big, sprawling, flourishing, verdant willow tree on my back.

I don't think I'll actually get any tattoos though.
Reply 5
Original post by Karisa96
I admire you for telling your story, in my eyes you are brave. Xx

thank you so much <3
Original post by angelhope214
thats beautiful, I wholeheartedly support this idea n the meaning behind it, this same reasoning is why I'd like to get nature related tattoos, sometimes it's hard to remember the beauty in the world when what you're going through is so negative and ugly

thank you so much <3 that makes me happy. and you’re completely right. i want to be reminded of how beautiful life can be during bad times.
i would get 12 green gems tattooed across my forehead :h:
I have a swallow tattooed on my shoulder, and a cherub above my ankle.
Something really simple but meaningful :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
I want either a white Tara or a seated Buddha backpiece
I've 14 tattoos. My favourite is a nude pin-up sat on a rose.

I really want to get a bat tattooed on my sternum. The intimacy is the biggest factor rather than cost/pain.
Original post by sinfonietta

I really want to get a bat tattooed on my sternum. The intimacy is the biggest factor rather than cost/pain.

i get that! would you want an outline or a detailed bat tattoo? I've got a thing for outlines of lil dinosaurs n I'm sure I'd regret it in a few years time
Original post by gjd800
I want either a white Tara or a seated Buddha backpiece

where would you get these? n is there any particular reason why
Reply 13
where would you get these? n is there any particular reason why

backpiece... so back :lol:

Lots of reasons, but mainly cos they look great, and because Buddhism is my bag
I want to have “just keep breathing” across my leg. so it can help others and myself. like this but on my leg
Xx
C380BB60-551C-49A8-B86B-FCA895C85EF5.jpeg
No matter the price, the pain, the area, what tattoo would you get? And what would the meaning behind it be?

This is probably a basic ***** answer but a Capricorn constellation on either my collarbone or upper right back.

Not that that’s ever going to happen because I cry like a baby when it comes to needles and pain.
Original post by gjd800
backpiece... so back :lol:

Lots of reasons, but mainly cos they look great, and because Buddhism is my bag

man I stupid as hell for not reading that properly but thanku for not tearing me to shreds. Buddhism is beautiful! I centered my media A-level coursework on Buddhism n visited a few places n centres, nothing as peaceful
Original post by Wheezy___
This is probably a basic ***** answer but a Capricorn constellation on either my collarbone or upper right back.

Not that that’s ever going to happen because I cry like a baby when it comes to needles and pain.

hey that's still cute n who knows, maybe one day you'll surprise yourself, or maybe you'll reach the ripe old age of 74 and decide it's time for a tattoo, who knows
Original post by MoonlightRain
I want to have “just keep breathing” across my leg. so it can help others and myself. like this but on my leg
Xx
C380BB60-551C-49A8-B86B-FCA895C85EF5.jpeg

that's such a sweet idea. n benefiting others simultaneously? that's the kind of positivity we vibin with in 2020
Original post by sinfonietta

Can I ask why you have so many? And are they of memorable things to you or just like random things?

Quick Reply

Latest