The Student Room Group

Bringing your portfolio to an interview (Design Course)

Do you bring a physical copy of your digital portfolio, like a booklet, or do you actually bring some of your work with you e.g. physical prototypes?
Original post by privatestudent
Do you bring a physical copy of your digital portfolio, like a booklet, or do you actually bring some of your work with you e.g. physical prototypes?

Ask them.
Original post by threeportdrift
Ask them.

I was told to bring a ‘physical portfolio’ “if it’s physical”. Does that mean a physical booklet of my digital portfolio? Would it be terrible to bring my laptop along with my digital portfolio on it?

Anyone with experience on this, what did you do?
Original post by privatestudent
I was told to bring a ‘physical portfolio’ “if it’s physical”. Does that mean a physical booklet of my digital portfolio? Would it be terrible to bring my laptop along with my digital portfolio on it?

Anyone with experience on this, what did you do?

I'd say physical is the term used to expressly mean not electronic/photographic reproduction of, unless the portfolio is fundamentally digital or photographic. So if you paint, draw etc, they want to see the original paintings and drawings.

If you are still unsure, then you need to ask. I've seen interviews badly tank because the applicant made presumptions and didn't ask when they weren't sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending