The Student Room Group

Probation Officer 2020

Hi there!

I'm planning to apply for the probation officer january 2020 intake i was just wondering if anyone else was thinking of applying?

And if anyone who has been through it can give some useful tips? Like how long does the recruitment process take as I'm currently doing a masters but I heard the recruitment process can take months!

And what sort of online tests do they carry out is it numerical and situational type questions?

Thank you!!

Scroll to see replies

I’m currently in the same position as you, are you positive we can apply for the January 2020 intake if we’re still currently doing a masters?
Hi, I'm not completely sure thats why im hoping someone who was in the same boat as us can give some insight on this. I read that the recruitment can take 6 months in that time I would be completely done from my Masters so I'm not sure what to do here!
Hi,You are eligible with a university diploma , so I’m sure it would only be a bonus that you are studying a masters . Did you apply in the end , I did mine last week and did the online competencies and personality game so far ... good luck !
Hi ! I'm doing the July 2020 intake as I was told the assessment will start in March and training around May time and it would be impossible for me to not go to Uni during that time. It would be great to hear about the online competencies and personality game tho! How did you find it ?
Original post by karolinanaja
Hi ! I'm doing the July 2020 intake as I was told the assessment will start in March and training around May time and it would be impossible for me to not go to Uni during that time. It would be great to hear about the online competencies and personality game tho! How did you find it ?

Hi .Oh I see , that makes sense .

The competencies were along the lines of giving specific examples of when you have worked under pressure , or with people with challenging behaviour and explaining how you tackled these issues and what the outcome was . Also reflecting on what you would have done differently. I found this quite time consuming... took me 2 1/2 to complete it ,but that may just be me 🤣😂.

The online personality test wasn’t at all what I was expecting . It was a series of online games testing memory and reaction speed . I’m assuming it’s testing the way you deal with it , rather than how good your scores are ... for instance, how quickly you bounce back from getting a few incorrect answers amongst other things . Quite hard to explain . They are looking for specific personality traits in candidates, I’m not holding out too much hope to be honest . Best of luck with your application.
Hi all, anyone that applied for January intake have you heard anything about the assesment centre stage? I have completed the first two stages but I have not heard anything back yet.

Thanks
Original post by Jaymee010316
Hi all, anyone that applied for January intake have you heard anything about the assesment centre stage? I have completed the first two stages but I have not heard anything back yet.

Thanks

Hi

No , my application has only just gone onto ‘on hold . When I called they said this changes to on hold when they are either marking it or have completed marking it ,and will likely stay like this until they have finished marking all the candidates applications .
Hi Daniella,

Thanks so much for the info, mine just says still under review so I am guessing it hasn't been marked yet.

Thanks
Hi Daniella,

Thanks so much for the info, mine just says still under review so I am guessing it hasn't been marked yet.

Thanks

Hiya . When mine said under review the helpline told me mine hadn’t been looked at yet . So guess you are still waiting too . Mine only changed yesterday or today ( I’ve had to stop checking it now 😂, it was taking over my life ) when did you complete your application?
Original post by Daniella**
Hiya . When mine said under review the helpline told me mine hadn’t been looked at yet . So guess you are still waiting too . Mine only changed yesterday or today ( I’ve had to stop checking it now 😂, it was taking over my life ) when did you complete your application?

I guess so, yeah I think I will have to do the same haha! My intake was 8B i think and it was 18th or 19th January. When was yours?
I guess so, yeah I think I will have to do the same haha! My intake was 8B i think and it was 18th or 19th January. When was yours?

The application closed on 16 th Jan for my location, so I put application in on the 15th and did the personality test on the 20 th Jan .
Oh gosh, so patiently waiting!!
Original post by Jenniferb13
Oh gosh, so patiently waiting!!

Is anyone else worried about not getting a placement? I saw lots of people on social media complain that they opened recruitment again when they are still waiting to be offered a placement.
Reply 14
I'm more worried I won't get through to the assessment centre 😏

Hoping for good news before end of Feb!
Original post by MPQZ
I'm more worried I won't get through to the assessment centre 😏

Hoping for good news before end of Feb!

Yeah that too 🙈 I’m hoping we find out soon, and also that the assessment centre isn’t too far away from me lol.
Hi everyone check your status , mines updated this morning 😄
Hi everyone check your status , mines updated this morning 😄

Mine still says on hold :/ you got me all excited lol.
Original post by Jenniferb13
Mine still says on hold :/ you got me all excited lol.

I’m sure it will change very soon if mine has , sorry I thought they’d all have been updated . Fingers crossed you will hear today
I’m sure it will change very soon if mine has , sorry I thought they’d all have been updated . Fingers crossed you will hear today

What does yours say? Is it good news? X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending