The Student Room Group

RSM Graduate 2020 audit assistant

Hey guys!

I got though to the video interview stage for the RSM audit assistant graduate role and was wondering if anyone has done this and has any hints or tips? or if anyone just has some general advice? It would be very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi Kit1Kat, I hope your video interview went well! I am preparing for the video interview now and I was hoping if you could share your experience and a couple of tips. It would be really helpful. Thank you :smile:
Original post by michelle97
Hi Kit1Kat, I hope your video interview went well! I am preparing for the video interview now and I was hoping if you could share your experience and a couple of tips. It would be really helpful. Thank you :smile:

Think about what skills you will need at RSM,How you would handle data analysis and deal with negative feed back
Hey. Do you remember the questions that you got? I am taking video interview tomorrow and would really appreciate some guidance :smile:
Do yous remember what type of question you had? Ive got mine tomorrow
For the accounting and business advisory apprenticeship the questions i got were (in order)

1. What do you like to do in your spare time
2. You will be working on data analysis everyday, how do you feel about that?
3. Think of the last time that you had to initiate something, how did you do it successfully?

There were one or two more questions but im struggling to remember what they were.

I couldn’t answer the questions properly 👎🏾 Hope this helps. If i remember the last questions ill send a msg.
I got exactly the same questions. I feel like this interview process was a bit intimidating since it was my first one. Have you received feedback or a response. I just did mine
Alot of the good apprenticeships have a video interview as part of their recruitment process. I find it intimidating too! I know a face to face interview would be better for me. I haven't heard anything back yet, they said up to 6 week
Original post by Kit1Kat
Hey guys!

I got though to the video interview stage for the RSM audit assistant graduate role and was wondering if anyone has done this and has any hints or tips? or if anyone just has some general advice? It would be very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance :smile:

Hi Kit1Kat,

How long after your situational assessment were you invited for the video interview?

Thank you
Original post by novid27
Hi Kit1Kat,

How long after your situational assessment were you invited for the video interview?

Thank you

literally straight away! Must have been automatic results
Original post by acaccounting
literally straight away! Must have been automatic results

I haven't heard back from them since I did mine 3 weeks ago - I got my feedback but that is all. But, when I logged into the portal, my status was completed?

Does anyone know what this means?
Original post by novid27
I haven't heard back from them since I did mine 3 weeks ago - I got my feedback but that is all. But, when I logged into the portal, my status was completed?

Does anyone know what this means?

I think you should contact them. Because I was invited to the video interview straight away… Maybe they have your application on hold while they process other people. But I would definitely ring and check
Got an Assessment Centre next week for an Audit Assistant role. They give you a pre-work task to complete but I have no idea what to do for it...
Reply 13
Original post by Vinceyboi
Got an Assessment Centre next week for an Audit Assistant role. They give you a pre-work task to complete but I have no idea what to do for it...

How did you find the video interview and was it similar to what the other’s have said in this forum? Any tips for preparing? :smile:
Original post by SLT15
How did you find the video interview and was it similar to what the other’s have said in this forum? Any tips for preparing? :smile:

If I recall correctly, it was a strength-based interview.

I recommend just looking up common video interview questions online and writing a short answer (~100 words) for every single one. I created a word document with a contents page and sorted my answers into categories so I could easily read them while doing the video interview. With enough prep, video interviews can be easily passed (of course, try not to sound like you're reading off a script).

When writing and saying your answers, always follow the S.T.A.R. technique. The person who will watch your video interview will be looking for it.
Reply 15
Original post by Vinceyboi
If I recall correctly, it was a strength-based interview.

I recommend just looking up common video interview questions online and writing a short answer (~100 words) for every single one. I created a word document with a contents page and sorted my answers into categories so I could easily read them while doing the video interview. With enough prep, video interviews can be easily passed (of course, try not to sound like you're reading off a script).

When writing and saying your answers, always follow the S.T.A.R. technique. The person who will watch your video interview will be looking for it.

I have completed the interview. I was so nervous and I definitely bombed the interview :frown:
Hi, I’ve just been invited to an assessment centre for audit and was wondering how people prepared for the interview/pre-work task and any other advice you could give? Thanks x
Hi, Congratulations on getting to the asessment centre stage. I had my asessment centre a few weeks ago. I didnt prepare for it, it was rather straight forward. Maybe just practice some strength based questions. Also make sure u know basic things about them like the number of offices etc.What was you pre work?
those who have had the AC, how long did it take them to get back to you?
Original post by Zeshan121
those who have had the AC, how long did it take them to get back to you?

Same day for me. Within 2hrs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending