The Student Room Group

Is the GDL internationally recognized?

Hey, I'm currently doing my A2 levels and picking university courses. I am torn between history and law as a degree at university. My goal is to become a lawyer possibly abroad.

I enjoy history and I know I enjoy it, so there would be less risk of me wasting money not enjoying my degree. I would also have more time to do extra curricular activities such as learning languages. I could do a history degree and then do the GDL to become a qualified lawyer in the UK. However, I'm unsure how respected and recognized the GDL is internationally and whether I would be as mobile as I would want to be with it.

If that's not the case I could apply for the LLB at university. I have work experience at a solicitors but law is still relatively unknown as I'm not quite sure what it's like at degree level and almost all my extra reading is orientated towards history. However, having an LLB would be more flexible, cheaper and possibly more renowned.

Advice would be really appreciated, I'm sorry if some sections do not make sense but I am really tired :smile:
bump
Original post by LearningWake
bump

Why did you bump this after 6 long years?
Original post by harrysbar
Why did you bump this after 6 long years?

So I didn't add another duplicate question, as some of the point in his post were of interest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending