The Student Room Group

Wearing retainers after a long time

I have just recently started wearing my retainers after 1 year and my teeth really hurt when i take them off. Last year the orthodontist told me to wear it night time only Is this a sign that my teeth have moved back to their original position?
Original post by Anonymous
I have just recently started wearing my retainers after 1 year and my teeth really hurt when i take them off. Last year the orthodontist told me to wear it night time only Is this a sign that my teeth have moved back to their original position?

How often were you wearing them beforehand? Have you spoken to your orthodontist about your teeth hurting when you’ve taken them off?
Reply 2
Original post by Hazelly
How often were you wearing them beforehand? Have you spoken to your orthodontist about your teeth hurting when you’ve taken them off?

I was wearing it pretty much once or twice a day for a few months. Ive got an appointment in April but im scared they are going to say i need braces again as mine was private.
I was wearing it pretty much once or twice a day for a few months. Ive got an appointment in April but im scared they are going to say i need braces again as mine was private.

Have you noticed any changes/movement with your teeth?
Reply 4
Original post by Hazelly
Have you noticed any changes/movement with your teeth?

I dont know but my parents have told me my teeth are starting to come out more.
I dont know but my parents have told me my teeth are starting to come out more.

Just follow what the orthodontist is telling you to do with wearing them every night. Good luck with your appointment :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest