The Student Room Group

Worst Cinema Experiences

Title says it all-what cinema experiences have you had that you absolutely loathed?
When i was on a school trip and i was trapped in those 3 seaters with a strict teacher that loathed me
A bad Turtles film in which just five people were in. My friends and me were three of those five.... :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Avengers: Endgame.

Three people behind me who share two brain cells between them all. Would not stop commenting on every single scene, completely ruining any sense of emotional investment. And they spilled all their popcorn so presumably the cinema staff also hate them.
One of them dropped a £2 coin on the floor though which I took so it's not all that bad.
Reply 4
I work at vue cinema. Worst.
Three teenagers who had clearly just learnt "sex words" kept shouting them out during the movie, can't remember which movie it was now, maybe planet of the Apes, but it was very distracting.

Original post by Kallisto
A bad Turtles film in which just five people were in. My friends and me were three of those five.... :s-smilie:

I had a similar experience, I went to see Big Momma's house Like Father Like Son. Four people in there, one left halfway through. My friends and I made up three out of the four.
Original post by Sinnoh
Avengers: Endgame.

Three people behind me who share two brain cells between them all. Would not stop commenting on every single scene, completely ruining any sense of emotional investment. And they spilled all their popcorn so presumably the cinema staff also hate them.
One of them dropped a £2 coin on the floor though which I took so it's not all that bad.

Omg actually you reminded me of my actual horrible experience - I was on a date with a dude, who got popcorn for himself and got it at the very side and spilt all the popcorn on me when he was trying to make a move on me. Also the movie was lego batman so that was romantic like :rofl3:

Also I hate people like that; couldn't they wait till after the movie to talk about it?
Original post by NotNotBatman
(...)

I had a similar experience, I went to see Big Momma's house Like Father Like Son. Four people in there, one left halfway through. My friends and I made up three out of the four.

It was even worse: we three have taken the time off to leave our work an hour before end of the work day and after the end of the film we agreed that this was a waste of time. :sigh:
Reply 8
For years, the only cinema in my town was a small independent 2-screen. It was always cold inside and the walls were so thin you could hear the film next door during the quieter moments of whatever you were watching!

It's been refurbished, with soundproofing and very plush seats, including 2-seater sofas. :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Surnia
For years, the only cinema in my town was a small independent 2-screen. It was always cold inside and the walks were so thin you could hear the film next door during the quieter moments of whatever you were watching!

It's been refurbished, with soundproofing and very plush seats, including 2-seater sofas. :biggrin:

Have you ever been in this cinema again after refurbishment? what you told me is the most horrible moment I can imagine in a cinema.
Reply 10
Original post by Kallisto
Have you ever been in this cinema again after refurbishment? what you told me is the most horrible moment I can imagine in a cinema.

Yes, been quite regularly, it's great. They eventually got round to building a Cineworld in town, but the refurb is still popular as it caters to a very different audience; it does some mainstream films, but has more 'art' films like the theatre broadcasts. It's now warm and comfy, people can make an evening of it as it has a bar and restaurant as well as snacks, and you can take an alcoholic drink into the screening; glass of wine and Shakespeare live from The Globe :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest