The Student Room Group

Love/Hate Jamie Oliver?

Some love him and love absolutely despise him-what do you make of him? Personally I think his recipes are brilliant but his happy-go-lucky nature and the pretentious names he gives his children make him seem rather full of himself.
Original post by JDINCINERATOR
Some love him and love absolutely despise him-what do you make of him? Personally I think his recipes are brilliant but his happy-go-lucky nature and the pretentious names he gives his children make him seem rather full of himself.

Yeah all of the above.
I love the video where he spends ages explaining to some kids why chicken nuggets are so vile because of what's in them, then he asks the kids if they'd still eat them. They all said "yeah" :lol: I agree with his message he's just too preachy. No one likes a preacher.
Original post by Johnny Tightlips
Yeah all of the above.
I love the video where he spends ages explaining to some kids why chicken nuggets are so vile because of what's in them, then he asks the kids if they'd still eat them. They all said "yeah" :lol: I agree with his message he's just too preachy. No one likes a preacher.

Could you link this video to me?
Could you link this video to me?

Think it's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKSoiDtdi9s
neither.
Reply 5

In the video you linked they actually refused the chicken nuggets. I think they were talking about this clip instead: https://youtu.be/mKwL5G5HbGA
Original post by Johnny Tightlips
Yeah all of the above.

PRSOM

My elder son hates the thought of hidden vegetables, and for this reason he is violently anti Jamie Oliver.

I don’t mind him tbh. I used to like his recipes when I ate meat, but he isn’t the most inclusive chef, and all of the recipes I’ve tried in his veg book aren’t the best. I like his TV shoes though, something to watch in the background I guess
taught me how to make poached egg. he’s no gordon ramsey though.

To be fair, there are an awful lot of people that honestly find the Essex accent extremely grating, which is why they hate watching, or strictly speaking listening, to him.

Quick Reply

Latest