The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Vegan @ Uni Brighton?

Hello! My name is Tess and I'm actually an American student studying abroad at the University of Brighton this semester (I've been here for almost 3 weeks and will leave in June!). I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering if anyone else who goes here is vegan (or knows of good places to meet other vegan students lol). I know there's supposed to be a Vegan Society on campus but it doesn't look like it's active anymore. I want to try and make friends with other vegan students here since I have had a little trouble figuring out places to eat, shop, etc and would like to have people to do these things with!! :~)
Original post by tessellation
Hello! My name is Tess and I'm actually an American student studying abroad at the University of Brighton this semester (I've been here for almost 3 weeks and will leave in June!). I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering if anyone else who goes here is vegan (or knows of good places to meet other vegan students lol). I know there's supposed to be a Vegan Society on campus but it doesn't look like it's active anymore. I want to try and make friends with other vegan students here since I have had a little trouble figuring out places to eat, shop, etc and would like to have people to do these things with!! :~)

idk the answer but omg if there's ONE place in the entire Western world i'd expect there to be more vegans than anywhere, it's Brighton
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by A Rolling Stone
idk the answer but omg if there's ONE place in the entire Western world i'd expect there to be more vegans than anywhere, it's Brighton

Yeah!! It's pretty awesome from what i've experienced so far :~) It's just super overwhelming that there are so many options lol so it would be helpful to have someone knowledgeable who can accompany me / help me figure out what the best places are, and who I can hopefully make friends with!
Reply 3
Brighton has a lot of vegan places including a vegan show store, i wouldn't know about finding other vegans at the university though.

Hi Tess,

You can have a look at the Vegan Society page here: https://www.brightonsu.com/organisation/societies/vegansociety/#loaded

And keep track of society events here: https://www.brightonsu.com/bsu-events/

Some local vegan favourites:

* Glazed - Vegan Donuts and coffee!
* Purezza - all vegan pizzeria
* Happy Maki - Vegan Sushi
* What the Pitta - Vegan Kebabs
* The Hope and Ruin - pub with a fully vegan kitchen
*Green Kitchen Cafe
* The Feminist Bookshop - a cute bookshop with a fully vegan cafe

:flower2: :flower2: :flower2:
Yeah!! It's pretty awesome from what i've experienced so far :~) It's just super overwhelming that there are so many options lol so it would be helpful to have someone knowledgeable who can accompany me / help me figure out what the best places are, and who I can hopefully make friends with!

Brighton is so good for vegan food u used to go down there 5/6 years ago from london cos it had more vegan restaurants than in london!

Btw noticed this is an old thread, so wondering, how did you find brighton and the vegan scene?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending