The Student Room Group

Glasgow uni vs Bath uni

I’m currently applying for Accounting and Finance to both schools and I’m wondering which is better. Although Glasgow is ranked higher I have read some comparisons that favor Bath. Can anyone that studied there please help me with this?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Nathanscott123
I’m currently applying to both schools and I’m wondering which is better. Although Glasgow is ranked higher I have read some comparisons that favor Bath. Can anyone that studied there please help me with this?

What subject?

Better in what way, what do you want in a uni?
Original post by mnot
What subject?

Better in what way, what do you want in a uni?

I’m applying for Accounting and Finance and I’m looking for an overall review of the two.
I’m currently applying for Accounting and Finance to both schools and I’m wondering which is better. Although Glasgow is ranked higher I have read some comparisons that favor Bath. Can anyone that studied there please help me with this?

from your use of schools i'm guessing you're American? if so, i recommend Glasgow. otherwise, Bath.
I’m applying for Accounting and Finance and I’m looking for an overall review of the two.

Overall they both have strong very good reputations, both well respected business schools but are quite different cities.

Bath is a small quaint town, super historic (a couple thousand years of history), very expensive, not known for partying or nightlife but has good links to the rest of south of England.

Glasgow is a much larger city probably a much more traditional student culture, its likely far far cheaper and is up in Scotland.

This decision should be more what type of city do you want to live in and where in the UK do you want to be situated etc.... as the reputation and prospects are similar (I would say Bath has a very slight edge reputation wise but it 'too close to call' and other people will disagree with that opinion).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending