The Student Room Group

Advice on immigration?

I'm automatically a British citizen (according to the gov UK website) but I've applied as a EU student since I've never lived in the UK.
Can I get student finance as a EU student and later get an English passport to access NHS services etc. ?
Original post by Filippo01
I'm automatically a British citizen (according to the gov UK website) but I've applied as a EU student since I've never lived in the UK.
Can I get student finance as a EU student and later get an English passport to access NHS services etc. ?

Hi,

Can you please confirm your nationality? Where are you living at the moment?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Hi, I've always lived in Italy and I am Italian by mother's side. I can also get a British passport since my father is a citizen by birth and I have all the other requirements.

Thanks, Filippo
Hi, I've always lived in Italy and I am Italian by mother's side. I can also get a British passport since my father is a citizen by birth and I have all the other requirements.

Thanks, Filippo

Thanks for confirming this. Do you know what kind of course you'd like to study, and when it begins?

Warm regards, Graeme
Reply 4
That would be Politics, Philosophy and Law at king's or Law at City.
They both start September 2020.

Thanks
That would be Politics, Philosophy and Law at king's or Law at City.
They both start September 2020.

Thanks

Thanks - based on this you can apply for the Tuition Fee Loan as an EU student. The 20/21 applications will open by the end of this month - once they do, you can print the application form here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y

Warm regards, Graeme
Reply 6
Original post by Graeme SFE
Thanks - based on this you can apply for the Tuition Fee Loan as an EU student. The 20/21 applications will open by the end of this month - once they do, you can print the application form here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y

Warm regards, Graeme

Thanks a lot, do you also know if getting a passport might interfere with that?
Thanks a lot, do you also know if getting a passport might interfere with that?

Hi Filippo,

Getting a passport would not interfere with your application for Student Finance.

Thanks, Ashley.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending