The Student Room Group

Is she not a nice person?

I have an acquaintance who is on my course. Shes interested in chinese culture and so am I. I thought we could be friends but she seems really weird. I don't want to negatively judge her but her attitude appears very arrogant and stuck up at times.
She barely talks to anyone except a clique she's a part of. She only talks to those people in that group and doesnt speak to anyone else. It's just a hello and that's it.

Shes one of the extreme left wingers at the university who is also a member of the student band at university. This band goes around the city or universities, drumming at protests. She also barely comes to university because shes always at concerts, political gossip groups or drumming at protests. I guess shes super rich because inky the very privileged can afford to never show up and protest all around the town.

She also has really hardcore views on everything left wing (I'm left wing too but not extreme) and a slight disagreement makes her judgemental towards other people.
She walks around the university, barely paying attention to anyone except herself or her friends. Once I met up with her and she didnt even say hi but simply asked if I had lunch and I said no gave me the free lunch passes because she was working for them that day and had left over passes left.

On top of it, she is one of those feminists who go around with banners which reads, it is my vagina hence my rules only. She also has a boyfriend whom she runs in everyone's faces as hes supposedly quite hot, hence she is like I'm so beautiful and sexy for him to choose me. Though I ve never seen him. I just dont know but she appears extremely cold and arrogant.

I ve tried to understand her but the more I see her, the more I feel she appears a bit stuck up and conceited. I assume shes 22 as she finished her IB in 2015.
What do you think? Should I give up?

Scroll to see replies

Seems abit biased/jealous. She sounds like a perfectly normal young woman with some strong opinions? Nothing wrong with that.

Besides saying hello, have you actually tried speaking to her/ saying you want to be friends/having a chat? We can’t read minds y’know.
Reply 2
Original post by sammyj97
Seems abit biased/jealous. She sounds like a perfectly normal young woman with some strong opinions? Nothing wrong with that.

Besides saying hello, have you actually tried speaking to her/ saying you want to be friends/having a chat? We can’t read minds y’know.

Nothing in this post is jealousy. It's about how she is.
Reply 3

You sound more biased as you quickly assume that I'm jealous.
And I already wrote in the thread that I ve tried speaking to her but she only speaks to her clique and acts like she doesnt notice anyone else.
Seems like you didnt read.
Reply 4
Jealous of what? You cant be jealous if the other person does not have anything which I would feel like I want so there goes.
Reply 5

Strong opinions means hating and abusing others who dont hold your views, supporting friends who punched lecturers isnt it?
I have a friend whose daughter is just like that. Very left wing, vegan and quite frankly a pain in the rear end. She annoys the heck out of me because she thinks she is right all the time. She even called me a racist because I said that Eastern Europeans tend to work harder than the British!

She appears at protests, is anti police and enjoys getting arrested.

I would leave this irritating woman alone - no good will come of it.
Isn't this the plot to Mean Girls?
I'd run a mile from her
Reply 9
Original post by squeakysquirrel
I have a friend whose daughter is just like that. Very left wing, vegan and quite frankly a pain in the rear end. She annoys the heck out of me because she thinks she is right all the time. She even called me a racist because I said that Eastern Europeans tend to work harder than the British!

She appears at protests, is anti police and enjoys getting arrested.

I would leave this irritating woman alone - no good will come of it.

I dont have an issue with vegans and she isnt vegan. She thinks veganism is good but isnt began herself. However, it's just the while attitude which appears as cold as Uranus.
OP posts a jealous misogynistic hate post against feminists, left wing women and women with financial resource and then acts all hurt when people point this out. TSR then flags this trash up as one of today's top threads. :rolleyes:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
OP posts a jealous misogynistic hate post against feminists, left wing women and women with financial resource and then acts all hurt when people point this out. TSR then flags this trash up as one of today's top threads. :rolleyes:

Lol. It sounds like you are pressed. My post describes her as it is. Seems like you are triggered 😂
Seems like you are trolling.
Original post by Reality Check
Isn't this the plot to Mean Girls?

I am dead 😂😭….
leave her man if she wants to be friends she would try is well do ygm it isnt the end of the world.. just act civil and go on with your life if that makes sense.
Hi, I can see both sides of the argument but have you ever considered that it is their group of friends. They might be different outside their group as they may feel peer pressure and act due to social desirability. I think by what you wrote this might be the reason, but I can't be 100% sure. They seem nice, she acknowledges you by saying hello and in the lunch situation. Maybe if you get to know her outside of her group of friends, you might find your answer.

Hope this helps.
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
leave her man if she wants to be friends she would try is well do ygm it isnt the end of the world.. just act civil and go on with your life if that makes sense.

Yeah right
Seems like you are trolling.

No but you definitely need to get over yourself as you are incredibly judgemental. Smh.
I'm judgemental about your post but even more about TSR flagging it up.
I'm judgemental about your post but even more about TSR flagging it up.

Poor you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending