The Student Room Group

Did you try to date someone?

In order to replace them or forget them? Like for example X really liked or loved Y but X was the one who ****ed up and couldn't be with Y. Y was ready to sort out the matter by X's ego and pride got the best of them. X knew they were wrong but just wouldnt admit it.
X goes on to start dating someone familiar in order to replace Y and forget her. However, it does not appear to be working as what X had with Y is horribly lacking in X and the other person. Let's call them Z.
Even though X is with Z, they still have regrets over what happened with Y and still thinks of Y, especially if X happens to see Y's picture or herself.

Does such a move work? Dating to replace or forget someone?
Reply 1
X and Y 1 year. But the love was there from the start. Like rather intense attraction/liking/love whatever you call it.
Reply 2
it's called REBOUND

it does not work - it may pass the hours/days so you avoid being ALONE. Much better to take time alone to figure out who you are, what went wrong, all by yourself.

After a period of reflection, you can start something totally new without any left over feelings for the ex. Or re-heat things with that person if you really want.
Reply 3
Original post by errrr99
it's called REBOUND

it does not work - it may pass the hours/days so you avoid being ALONE. Much better to take time alone to figure out who you are, what went wrong, all by yourself.

After a period of reflection, you can start something totally new without any left over feelings for the ex. Or re-heat things with that person if you really want.

If X has regrets over how he acted with Y and he thinks he will speak to her if he sees her, what can one deduce?
Reply 4
Who else has opinions on this topic on TSR?
To replace/forget, no.

But I often go straight onto dating apps after a break-up. Casually seeing new people helps to prevent me from backsliding and returning to the previous relationship.
Reply 6
Original post by sinfonietta
To replace/forget, no.

But I often go straight onto dating apps after a break-up. Casually seeing new people helps to prevent me from backsliding and returning to the previous relationship.

What do you think about the X and Y situation?
Reply 7
Any more views?
Reply 8
???
All these X’s and Y’s.

Relationships really are like algebra. If you are naturally good at it, you will fly through. 😂🥺

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending