The Student Room Group

Suspended from work until further notice - advice required

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I wish to remain anonymous in case someone is able to identify me.

I was recently suspended from my job for gross misconduct. My boss just said he would write to me to arrange a meeting (which I am assuming will be a disciplinary). It has now been two days and I have still not received any formal correspondence regarding the suspension. I am not sure how long I am suspended for and this has all been very stressful time for me. I do wish to "fight" for my job and do anything I can to put things right. I emailed my boss on Friday afternoon to find out when I can expect to receive a letter regarding my suspension.

I just wanted to know, can they terminate my employment without inviting me in for a disciplinary meeting? I have a feeling that this is what they are planning to do. I have been at the company for three years so I'm aware I have certain rights from a employment law perspective.

I would be grateful for your thoughts on this.
What did you do?
Hello , I may need your help if possible can you respond to me ASAP I am currently in a similar situation
Reply 4
They have to follow their disciplinary process or you could have them. This said if it's a gross misconduct issue it's likely it a formality before they sack you. Get some Union or legal advice.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I wish to remain anonymous in case someone is able to identify me.

I was recently suspended from my job for gross misconduct. My boss just said he would write to me to arrange a meeting (which I am assuming will be a disciplinary). It has now been two days and I have still not received any formal correspondence regarding the suspension. I am not sure how long I am suspended for and this has all been very stressful time for me. I do wish to "fight" for my job and do anything I can to put things right. I emailed my boss on Friday afternoon to find out when I can expect to receive a letter regarding my suspension.

I just wanted to know, can they terminate my employment without inviting me in for a disciplinary meeting? I have a feeling that this is what they are planning to do. I have been at the company for three years so I'm aware I have certain rights from a employment law perspective.

I would be grateful for your thoughts on this.

what did you do. this sounds serious....?

edit: ffs, didn't realise this thread was 8 months old 🙄
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
what did you do. this sounds serious....?

edit: ffs, didn't realise this thread was 8 months old 🙄

Message me on priv chat I’ll be able to tell u on there x and it’s cool dw about it 😂
Reply 7
Original post by Gobblefunk1
Message me on priv chat I’ll be able to tell u on there x and it’s cool dw about it 😂

I hope you find the link below useful for your situation.

https://realemploymentlawadvice.co.uk/i-have-been-suspended-from-work-what-does-this-mean-and-is-there-anything-i-can-do/

Latest