The Student Room Group

Changing course after 1st year of uni? What are the financial implications?

I'm planning on changing courses from Newcastle University to the Open University. I intend on finishing the first year of my course at Newcastle University and then transferring to the Open University in September/October. I'm also planning on studying as a full-time student when I'm at Open University.

How do I notify SFE that I'm changing course? If anyone has been through the processes of changing/leaving course (preferably Newcastle University). What steps do I need to take?
Original post by C0mpletelyBr0ke
I'm planning on changing courses from Newcastle University to the Open University. I intend on finishing the first year of my course at Newcastle University and then transferring to the Open University in September/October. I'm also planning on studying as a full-time student when I'm at Open University.

How do I notify SFE that I'm changing course? If anyone has been through the processes of changing/leaving course (preferably Newcastle University). What steps do I need to take?

Hi there,

Newcastle University will need to notify us when you leave your course with them, so that we can make sure you have received the correct amount of funding.

You'll need to apply for funding for the Open University as a new part time student, when the applications for part time funding open in the summer.

As you'll be distance learning with the Open University, you will not be eligible for the Part Time Maintenance Loan (PTML) unless distance learning is your only option due to a disability.

Thanks, Ashley.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending