The Student Room Group

Medicine at University of Nicosia

Hi there, I’ve recently heard about the medicine 6 year undergraduate course available at the University of Nicosia. Has anyone had experience applying or studying there? I have a couple of questions about it:

1) Would it be easier to gain a job in the US/Canada if I went to this medical school rather than one in Britain?

2) if I apply to it do I apply through ucas, and will that use up one of my applications on ucas?

3) what was your experience studying/applying there?

4)what grades did you get in with ?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Tomchr
Hi there, I’ve recently heard about the medicine 6 year undergraduate course available at the University of Nicosia. Has anyone had experience applying or studying there? I have a couple of questions about it:

1) Would it be easier to gain a job in the US/Canada if I went to this medical school rather than one in Britain?

2) if I apply to it do I apply through ucas, and will that use up one of my applications on ucas?

Hi Tom,
I am also looking to apply to this university this year and can answer question 2. You cannot apply via UCAS as far as I know. You apply online on their website. I’m in the process of the online application and the admission fee is £60 just so you’re aware!
If you email them, the admissions team are extremely friendly and will help you with the process.
Just wondering, what are you’re predicted grades?
Oh right, I have only started sixth form this week (only just finished GCSEs) so I don’t know what my predicted grades are. Good luck in your application!
Reply 3
Wow already thinking about Uni, well done haha. Thank you! Good luck for your two upcoming years.
Original post by Tomchr

Original post by ShazE27
Hi Tom,
I am also looking to apply to this university this year and can answer question 2. You cannot apply via UCAS as far as I know. You apply online on their website. I’m in the process of the online application and the admission fee is £60 just so you’re aware!
If you email them, the admissions team are extremely friendly and will help you with the process.
Just wondering, what are you’re predicted grades?

Hi I am also considering applying here for 2020, so it doesn't occupy a UCAS Space, I just looked on the website are there specific subject requirements? Because we do English Language GCSE here, we dont need to do a seperate exam right?
Reply 5
You need to have a levels in Biology and another science subject e.g. Chemistry, Physics or Maths. You need ABB. Yes that’s right we don’t need to do a separate exam luckily!
Im predicted A from psychology, B from chemistry and biology for A-levels, can i apply ?
Reply 7
Original post by FutureMedic77
Im predicted A from psychology, B from chemistry and biology for A-levels, can i apply ?

Yes, the requirements are BBB :smile:

Latest