The Student Room Group

Warwick A101 2020 Offer Holders

Welcome to the Warwick A101 2020 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/med/study/ugr

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Might as well go first! Only place I applied, very last min decision, now need to work out if I am and afford to go or not!
Hey!

1st time applying and by some miracle ive got an offer which is brill, im in a similar situation to my friend above, medicine is the dream but cant say i dont have some reservations as this is definitely going to derail some aspects in my life 🙄
Hey everyone! Second time applying, I applied in the final year of my BSc for 2018 entry but received 4 pre-interview rejections (super low UKCAT). Went on to study a postgraduate course to get more clinical experience and this time I’ve got multiple offers! I’m soooo grateful and happy! I’m going to be firming Warwick 😊
Reply 4
First time applicant here too. Well done everyone. Just read through the offer email and went onto the 'offer holders guide' link they included. I read this:

'You will have 4 weeks to respond to your offer as indicated in the offer email. If you do not respond within 4 weeks, your offer will be declined.'

Cant be right for medicine surely? I am still waiting on other universities decisions.
Original post by ej3352
First time applicant here too. Well done everyone. Just read through the offer email and went onto the 'offer holders guide' link they included. I read this:

'You will have 4 weeks to respond to your offer as indicated in the offer email. If you do not respond within 4 weeks, your offer will be declined.'

Cant be right for medicine surely? I am still waiting on other universities decisions.

My take is that is the generic guidance for standalone postgrad courses, and doesn’t apply to us given that we are in that grey area of grads studying an undergrad subject (medicine playing by its own rules). I think we can safely disregard that deadline, and work to the timeline as outlined in our individual offer emails.
Reply 6
Original post by scavo86
My take is that is the generic guidance for standalone postgrad courses, and doesn’t apply to us given that we are in that grey area of grads studying an undergrad subject (medicine playing by its own rules). I think we can safely disregard that deadline, and work to the timeline as outlined in our individual offer emails.

Yeah I felt the same. I was planning on completing the health survey by the dates they quoted but not firming my offer.
Not too worried regardless, it's not the kind of thing they'd jump the gun on, withdrawing your application without contacting you!
Reply 7
Helloooo, wow it feels nice to be on this thread! 😁
So same as a lot of you, first time applying and Warwick was my only interview so feeling very grateful! I graduated last year and working in a children’s mental health hospital this year to gain more experience with patients
Can not wait to start! Do you know if/when we have an applicant day? 😊
Reply 8
Hello everybody! Still can't believe it. Keep on thinking to myself whenever I watch something or am reading, 'man that would be so cool', then i remember! First and only interview (UCAT can do one) so i'm so happy. Really looking forward to speaking to you all and then meeting everybody in person. And a massive well done to everybody, including those that aren't in the thread yet. You all smashed it.

Original post by ej3352

I thought about this last night. Birmingham hadn't rejected me yet so I just withdrew (low score for me and Warwick was first choice), but for those waiting, it could be worth calling up and just double checking. Some people don't have interviews until March so it does seem odd.

Original post by RosieOG
Helloooo, wow it feels nice to be on this thread! 😁
So same as a lot of you, first time applying and Warwick was my only interview so feeling very grateful! I graduated last year and working in a children’s mental health hospital this year to gain more experience with patients
Can not wait to start! Do you know if/when we have an applicant day? 😊

There have been offer holder days before so I would assume the same again in the summer. Hope so anyway!
Hi! I'm so grateful to be part of this thread! I'd also love to attend an offer holder day to get a better feel of the university!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
Hi everyone, so thrilled to be on this thread, honestly never thought it would happen. It was my second cycle and only interview so very happy. I'm a complete non-science grad so although I am incredibly excited, I am also low-key terrified haha.
Looking forward to meeting you all :smile:
Original post by Bio.Sam
Hello everybody! Still can't believe it. Keep on thinking to myself whenever I watch something or am reading, 'man that would be so cool', then i remember! First and only interview (UCAT can do one) so i'm so happy. Really looking forward to speaking to you all and then meeting everybody in person. And a massive well done to everybody, including those that aren't in the thread yet. You all smashed it.

I thought about this last night. Birmingham hadn't rejected me yet so I just withdrew (low score for me and Warwick was first choice), but for those waiting, it could be worth calling up and just double checking. Some people don't have interviews until March so it does seem odd.

There have been offer holder days before so I would assume the same again in the summer. Hope so anyway!

I second your comment about the ucat, I just about scraped a decent mark but the thought of doing that again would cost me my sanity!
Reply 12
Anyone got any tips &/or ideas about accommodation? For instance campus or off campus and any ideas how it works and if we get placed with other GEM students, and rough start dates to know how long we need to lease for?
Hey guys! This was my first time applying to med school and my only interview (2700 UCAT). Still doesn’t quite feel real ... we are going to be doctors?! :eek::biggrin:
Hey everyone! So grateful to be here - this is my third time applying for medicine, but first time I managed an interview as my ucat was too low beforehand! I'm in my final year of uni (MBio - was originally BSc but transferred to the 4 yr course when I didnt get in to med last year) Biomedical science at Warwick! It's an amazing uni - I absolutely love it there and I'm sure you all will too :smile: Can't wait to return in September as a med student and meet all of you who decide to accept!! Eeek, exciting times
I'd be happy to answer any q's anyone has about Warwick and the surrounding areas :smile:
Original post by Jalti
Anyone got any tips &/or ideas about accommodation? For instance campus or off campus and any ideas how it works and if we get placed with other GEM students, and rough start dates to know how long we need to lease for?

Hey!

https://warwick.ac.uk/services/accommodation/

this was the link in the email, I'm not sure if med students are allowed to stay on campus in first year (I think they are), but people tend to live in either Leamington which is really nice, or Earlsdon which is in Coventy. There are landlords affiliated with Warwick which is on that link as well - not sure how people arrange this but I'm sure we will get the opportunity to meet people and find out on the offer holder day!
I would personally live in Leamington as its really nice and good student vibes. People tend to get the bus in as theres no parking on campus for students but the public transport links are really good :smile:
how many of you are non science backgrounds?
Hey, I have a history degree and haven’t done any science since gcse so blank slate for me. It was my first application and Warwick was my only choice so I’m feeling pretty amazing to have a place this year, the thought of going around again was awful. So basically can’t wait to start, I already live in Coventry about a 5 minute bus from the uni anyway so I have a massive weight off my shoulders on that front. I can try my best to answer any questions for people looking to move here but I’m not a native and have only lived here for two years so I’m not an expert on the area. But I’m pretty well versed in the local public transport!
Non-science here too. In the space of three days I have gone from the elation of the offer to the misery of being absolutely convinced I’m not good enough to do this, and having legit panic attacks.
Original post by activeingredient
Non-science here too. In the space of three days I have gone from the elation of the offer to the misery of being absolutely convinced I’m not good enough to do this, and having legit panic attacks.

Bless you, that sounds horrible. Just try to remember that the course has been designed to accept graduates of any background so they aren't going to make it impossible if you haven't done a science degree. Loads of people are going to be in the same boat and the uni will have well established ways of bringing non-science grads up to scratch on that front! I think the first year is going to be tough becuase of intensity but once we all start getting to grips with the work it'll be worth it in the long run. I hope you're ok though! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending