The Student Room Group

GES Assistant Economist Mainstream Scheme 2020

Has anyone else applied to this years GES Assistant Economist Mainstream Scheme? It should be open for applications today (6th Feb). All thoughts welcome!

Scroll to see replies

Great thread! also one I was excited for !! Good luck 2 everybody applying woo 🅱️conomics 🤪🤪🥴🥴😎😎😬😬😬
Does anyone know what the cut-offs have been in previous years for numerical and verbal testing? Unsure if I can use my banked scores for this but might do if they're a lot above the cut-off.
Have anybody submitted the application and started the online test? I did verbal yesterday and am now invited to the numerical test. But I can't find the link for the test. Has anybody have the same issue?
Original post by R_Economics
Does anyone know what the cut-offs have been in previous years for numerical and verbal testing? Unsure if I can use my banked scores for this but might do if they're a lot above the cut-off.

Same here, would like to know what are the cut offs so I can use my previous scores
Original post by HASHIMHUSSAIN
Same here, would like to know what are the cut offs so I can use my previous scores

I submitted the first part of the application and didn't get the option to use my previous scores :/
I submitted the first part of the application and didn't get the option to use my previous scores :/

That sucks
Original post by swallowyun
Have anybody submitted the application and started the online test? I did verbal yesterday and am now invited to the numerical test. But I can't find the link for the test. Has anybody have the same issue?

Just done my verbal test, honestly not sure what to expect don't think it was my best set of testing
Just done my verbal test, honestly not sure what to expect don't think it was my best set of testing

How did it go? You should get the score for the verbal test under the feedback section.
Hi, I just completed the verbal test and it said that it was put on hold although the feedback said that I passed the minimum requirements and scored above 35% in comparison to other? Has anyone else had this?Thanks
Original post by Bella10401
Hi, I just completed the verbal test and it said that it was put on hold although the feedback said that I passed the minimum requirements and scored above 35% in comparison to other? Has anyone else had this?Thanks

I got 69% and also on hold
I got 69% and also on hold

The status might change tomorrow.
Original post by swallowyun
The status might change tomorrow.

Just logged in and my portal has updated! An invite to the numerical test but no link to the test. There is, however, a link to practice tests
Just logged in and my portal has updated! An invite to the numerical test but no link to the test. There is, however, a link to practice tests

same here. no link to the test.
The link for the numerical test is there now.
Were the tests timed or untimed?
Original post by jasonnolan1234
Were the tests timed or untimed?

untimed
Reply 19
Hello,

Does anyone know what happens after we’ve done the two tests? It said I performed better than 96% and 99% of test takers but my application has been on hold ever since. Do we have to wait till the 19th for further information?

Also, it says that applications will be sifted on the full description of modules. I don’t remember writing down each module I took during my graduate and postgraduate degrees?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending