The Student Room Group

Worried about someone

Someone who I met on here, got to know I’m snap and we were really getting along so well and were in good terms. She just got back from holiday to celebrate her birthday, I texted her to say how it went, she replied with sorry. She then preceded to block me on all social media platforms, I don’t know what’s happened. I’m concerned because I texted her while she was in holiday and she seemed really happy but then I texted her and she didn’t seem happy at all.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Bump
Reply 3
Like it’s urgent because she has a history of mental health problems and suicidal thoughts
Reply 4
Bump
Reply 5
I don't think there's anything you can do if she's blocked you everywhere.
Reply 6
Original post by Pathway
I don't think there's anything you can do if she's blocked you everywhere.

It’s worrying though, because of her history with mental health I’m concerned for her. I think it’s a lot more than just her not liking me, we were on such good terms when I talked to her on holiday, she was really happy and was excited to talk properly when she got back, she got back and blocked me on everything. I don’t know what I’ve done?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
It’s worrying though, because of her history with mental health I’m concerned for her. I think it’s a lot more than just her not liking me, we were on such good terms when I talked to her on holiday, she was really happy and was excited to talk properly when she got back, she got back and blocked me on everything. I don’t know what I’ve done?

I understand, but unless you know where she lives or who her parents are etc. there's no way of doing anything to ensure her safety. I'm not saying she doesn't like you or anything of the sort, and I get why you're anxious, but it's out of your hands now. And if something does happen, that is not your fault - it would be her choice. I truly do hope she is OK, keep yourself safe and treat yourself kindly. This is stressful and it's natural to be worried. All you can do is look out for yourself right now until she decides to speak again or not. I'm sorry you're in this position, I've been in similar positions many times, I know how it feels.
Reply 8
Original post by Pathway
I understand, but unless you know where she lives or who her parents are etc. there's no way of doing anything to ensure her safety. I'm not saying she doesn't like you or anything of the sort, and I get why you're anxious, but it's out of your hands now. And if something does happen, that is not your fault - it would be her choice. I truly do hope she is OK, keep yourself safe and treat yourself kindly. This is stressful and it's natural to be worried. All you can do is look out for yourself right now until she decides to speak again or not. I'm sorry you're in this position, I've been in similar positions many times, I know how it feels.

Thanks, I guess I’ll just wait and see then
Reply 9

Good luck. :hugs:
Original post by Pathway

It’s really making me so anxious right now, I just don’t know what to do. All she said was sorry, that’s not her, I know something happened and now I can’t find out what happened because she blocked me. She’s normally so excitable, lively and bubbly.
It’s really making me so anxious right now, I just don’t know what to do. All she said was sorry, that’s not her, I know something happened and now I can’t find out what happened because she blocked me. She’s normally so excitable, lively and bubbly.

You don't know that though, your anxiety is making you think of the worst possible out come, and whilst it is a potential possibility you can't know for sure. I know it's not easy not knowing what's going on, but all you can do is hope she is OK and distract yourself from what is happening. Do you know if she was getting any support from mental health professionals? How old are you both? Do you have anyone you can talk to in person?
Original post by Pathway
You don't know that though, your anxiety is making you think of the worst possible out come, and whilst it is a potential possibility you can't know for sure. I know it's not easy not knowing what's going on, but all you can do is hope she is OK and distract yourself from what is happening. Do you know if she was getting any support from mental health professionals? How old are you both? Do you have anyone you can talk to in person?

She was not getting any support, I’m 17 she’s 18. I have someone I can talk to in person, she often spoke to me if she was feeling down, she didn’t have someone in person to talk to.
She was not getting any support, I’m 17 she’s 18. I have someone I can talk to in person, she often spoke to me if she was feeling down, she didn’t have someone in person to talk to.

Ah, that's not good, I hope she does get some support. If you want to, you're welcome to drop me a message. I do hope your friend is OK.

Just stop

Lol wait for what
Original post by Pathway

Nope. Stop giving false hope lol. As they met on here, this is a total cry for attention to the girl..
Original post by Pathway
Ah, that's not good, I hope she does get some support. If you want to, you're welcome to drop me a message. I do hope your friend is OK.

It’s in the past though with her mental health, an abusive relationship and general problems. It’s juicy making me incredibly sad that she’s done this
*Just
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Nope. Stop giving false hope lol. As they met on here, this is a total cry for attention to the girl..

It’s not a cry for attention, there is a genuine concern for her safety, it was not me.
Original post by Bang Outta Order

Mate, sometimes you really are bang out of order. As was just then
Original post by Greywolftwo
Mate, sometimes you really are bang out of order. As was just then

:u:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending