The Student Room Group

insecure to meet up

So i wanna be in a relationship but everytime I start one I keep it online since I'm too insecure to acc meet up with the guy. He eventually gets fed up since I make excuses in not meeting up with him and it ends...
You'll find an amazing relationship where they'll wait for you to gain the courage to meet up and it'll be worth it
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
You'll find an amazing relationship where they'll wait for you to gain the courage to meet up and it'll be worth it

THANKK youu
Online means diddly squat.

You need to meet in person to find out what someone is really like.

How someone is online can be very different to how they are in real life. That includes photos and how they actually look.

The whole idea of online meetings is to arrange real life meetings with a greater number of potential romantic partners than you might do otherwise.

Don't give them any overly personal info up front, such as your address.

Arrange to meet in a busy public place. Expect a fairly high proportion of people you meet online to stand you up.

The best way for you to get secure is to face down your fears and to start meeting people. As long as you stick to no upfront info that a stalker could use and you meet in a public place, nothing bad can happen to you from the initial meeting.

True but at some point you have to take the plunge and it’s scary. Some guys will try more but you eventually have to put yourself in a position to get hurt
How old are you? Have you ever been on the phone to the guy? I think it can be scary but as long as you text your friends or family letting them know abiut the meet up and meet somewhere with loads of people and not jump into his car or go somewhere quiet with him you will be fine.
Original post by SteveyStack
True but at some point you have to take the plunge and it’s scary. Some guys will try more but you eventually have to put yourself in a position to get hurt

Yeah but at least you’ll know they will respect your decision instead of persistent. It’s scary ofc but you can always prepare your mindset and day for it instead of meeting up eventually. Wdym put yourself in a position to get hurt?
Yeah but at least you’ll know they will respect your decision instead of persistent. It’s scary ofc but you can always prepare your mindset and day for it instead of meeting up eventually. Wdym put yourself in a position to get hurt?

If you want to get to know someone you automatically make yourself vulnerable. You have to put yourself out there to find someone and by doing so you may be hurt
Original post by SteveyStack
If you want to get to know someone you automatically make yourself vulnerable. You have to put yourself out there to find someone and by doing so you may be hurt

Ohhh i understand now. I agree It's inevitable if you want to find someone and you have to take the risk when you start looking for someone

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending