The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Bower Ashton 2020

Hey! It seems every UWE applicant i’ve spoken to so far this year is studying on the Frenchay campus. Is anyone going to be in Bower Ashton starting in September? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jess_colllinsss
Hey! It seems every UWE applicant i’ve spoken to so far this year is studying on the Frenchay campus. Is anyone going to be in Bower Ashton starting in September? :smile:

Fine art for me. So Bower Ashton and Spike island is where I'll be. What are you studying?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Photography on the one campus only :smile: What accommodation are you thinking of going for?
Photography on the one campus only :smile: What accommodation are you thinking of going for?

Nelson & Drake or Transom look to be closest. I'm having an accommodation tour next week at an offer-holders day, so may well refine my choices then. Have you got any preferences yet?
Original post by Dee-Emma
Nelson & Drake or Transom look to be closest. I'm having an accommodation tour next week at an offer-holders day, so may well refine my choices then. Have you got any preferences yet?

I went to see Nelson & Drake on the open day back in summer and honestly I wasn’t impressed, I don’t think anyone on that accommodation tour was tbh haha. I was leaning towards Marketgate but that one has a bit of a reputation lmao
Hi all. Just wondering, has The campus situation not put you off a little? I have an offer for september at bower ashton to but am not keen by the fact it's so far out from everything and the city accomodation options don't look great for the price. It's a bus from accom to bower and then even further to main campus for SU and other things, have read it feels a little isolating.
Looking for some advice and comments because love bristol as a city and nightlife is sick but don't love the idea of being so far from everything :\
thanks x

really weird but any chance you could share any pics of anything of when you go visit the accomodation as I can't make an offfer holder day but am coming to visit in a couple of weeks but they said no to me.
Original post by unilooker123
Hi all. Just wondering, has The campus situation not put you off a little? I have an offer for september at bower ashton to but am not keen by the fact it's so far out from everything and the city accomodation options don't look great for the price. It's a bus from accom to bower and then even further to main campus for SU and other things, have read it feels a little isolating.
Looking for some advice and comments because love bristol as a city and nightlife is sick but don't love the idea of being so far from everything :\
thanks x

I hear what you say, and I have looked at places with more integrated campuses Falmouth, PCA and Plymouth uni and its a tough call. And Bath Spa art at Locksbrook is similarly distant from main campus. In an ideal world I'd have Bath spa facilities in Falmouth's campus set in Bristol! Ultimately my final choice is still to be set, but practical issues (family connections) as well as my own love of Bristol may sway the decision. And the city campus distances don't seem excessive (probably won't go to Frenchay much).
really weird but any chance you could share any pics of anything of when you go visit the accomodation as I can't make an offfer holder day but am coming to visit in a couple of weeks but they said no to me.

If there's anything notable I'll let you know.
If there's anything notable I'll let you know.

tysm! mainly interested in marketgate
thanks x

I thought about that for a while but i’ve taken the bus from Bower to the accommodations and it was only like 10/15 minutes door to door so I don’t think it’s too bad x

i didn’t take any pictures on the day sorry :frown:( it was all a bit rushed the tour and there were loads of us there, but like to describe it the hallways and stairs of Nelson and Drake House really smelt bad and in the shared bathroom they used as a show room the toilet seat was literally detached on the floor,, it just didn’t appeal to me at all which is odd because it seems to be a popular opinion :// x

Not a lot to report. Only got to look at Phoenix (next door to market gate). What I saw was really clean, good feel, 5 rooms per flat and entirely? en-suite. From what I understand Nelson Drake has larger flats and more shared bathrooms. Hth.
ive heard nelson and drake is the best option for bower ashton because its closest, im only really picking it because its really close to the o2 academy and rough trade ahaha

Hii I am x :smile:
Original post by gracelou
Hii I am x :smile:

heyy ! what course are you doing?x
heyy ! what course are you doing?x

Originally fashion textiles but I think I might change it to fashion communication! Wby x
Original post by gracelou
Originally fashion textiles but I think I might change it to fashion communication! Wby x

nice ! i’m doing photography :smile: x
Hi, I'm an international applicant.
Course Applied : Illustration (BA), September 2020
I've submit my portfolio around early March. I still haven't received any update from UWE yet.
In the mean time I've received unconditional offer from NUA and University of Gloucestershire.
I had been doing research on UWE recently, it does looks more lively. I wonder how high would the living cost be?
Original post by honeynghost
Hi, I'm an international applicant.
Course Applied : Illustration (BA), September 2020
I've submit my portfolio around early March. I still haven't received any update from UWE yet.
In the mean time I've received unconditional offer from NUA and University of Gloucestershire.
I had been doing research on UWE recently, it does looks more lively. I wonder how high would the living cost be?

Main cost differential is going to be accommodation rental. You'd probably end up paying about £800 per year more in Bristol than with your other choices. Also, as a vibrant city, you might be tempted to spend more money and time on entertainment, but that would be a choice, not a requirement. Hth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending