The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medikj
Apart from updates on the portal and UCAS, has anyone who got an offer received an email from ARU?

Received one this morning
Original post by Ibs007861
Hi, does anyone know if there will be an offer holder day?

they don’t do offer holder days for medicine😕
Original post by schoolsuxs
they don’t do offer holder days for medicine😕

Oh really that’s annoying
yea the only thing is campus tours every wednesday or an open day :/
Reply 44
I'm stuck on wether to firm aru or Exeter, any ideas? Chelmsford is must closer to me as I live on the edge of east london, but Exeter is a much more established medical school with more information out there.
Original post by Ty600
I'm stuck on wether to firm aru or Exeter, any ideas? Chelmsford is must closer to me as I live on the edge of east london, but Exeter is a much more established medical school with more information out there.

Yeah me too, I have an offer for HYMS but I prefer ARU.
Reply 46
Original post by Lozc3
Yeah me too, I have an offer for HYMS but I prefer ARU.

That's the issue with applying to new medical schools I guess.
Original post by Ty600
That's the issue with applying to new medical schools I guess.

Yeah. The facilities at ARU look really good, you can stay in the accommodation for the 5 years and all the students I spoke to seemed to love the course. I think there are many benefits of going to ARU.
Reply 48
Exeter give you £1000 if you get AAA right at the start tbh that's the only thing that's making this a dilemma, other than that, I'm almost deffo gonna firm ARU.
Original post by Ty600
Exeter give you £1000 if you get AAA right at the start tbh that's the only thing that's making this a dilemma, other than that, I'm almost deffo gonna firm ARU.

Imo the £1k is irrelevant loll. Go with the school more suited to you.
Original post by Ty600

Aha I think ARU offers a few bursary’s
Aru gives £1000 if you get 3 A - but not for medicine 😞
I have an offer for the 6 year course at nottingham and am in a bit of a pickle bc if they have spaces on the 5 year course on results day then they’d transfer me on it which is what I would like but ofc there’s no guarantee and I do quite like ARU & it’s a LOT more closer rather than nottingham so there’s also the accommodation money, kinda unsure since i liked both of the uni’s
Original post by schoolsuxs
I have an offer for the 6 year course at nottingham and am in a bit of a pickle bc if they have spaces on the 5 year course on results day then they’d transfer me on it which is what I would like but ofc there’s no guarantee and I do quite like ARU & it’s a LOT more closer rather than nottingham so there’s also the accommodation money, kinda unsure since i liked both of the uni’s

Plus you’ll be paying the fees for an extra year of medicine. If notts isn’t your dream uni and you have another offer for a five year course, you may potentially regret picking it. It’s up to you tho.
Reply 54
I emailed about the offer holder day and got told there is a day on the 30th of June for everyone who has firmed ARU from 10am to 3pm, if that helps anyone. Obviously means we somehow need to make a decision without going to an offer holder day :confused:
Reply 55
Original post by BHSC
I emailed about the offer holder day and got told there is a day on the 30th of June for everyone who has firmed ARU from 10am to 3pm, if that helps anyone. Obviously means we somehow need to make a decision without going to an offer holder day :confused:

I guess so. I suppose their main intent is that of letting new students get to know each other before September. I also heard they have open days every week, but I’m pretty sure that isn’t true, every week seems a bit too much to me. But maybe they do have open days, just not as many, and you actually can visit the school before you make your decision
You can arrange campus tours on Wednesday’s x
Original post by BHSC

Yeah I think they sent that email out to everyone x
ARU does have a lot of open days. I went to one before my interview and it was really nice. The university has a lot of well-equipped facilities and the staff is very welcoming.
Anyone know the accommodation cost in ARU?

Latest