The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh College of Art 2020

Has anyone got any offers or heard of any rejections for Edinburgh College of Art yet for 2020 . Applied for Fashion and friend for Performance Costume . The waiting is awful just want to hear

Scroll to see replies

I completely agree! I applied for performance costume and I’m so anxious to hear back! Do you mind me asking what your fee status is? I’m technically EU even though I live in England
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Rennaofravenwood
I completely agree! I applied for performance costume and I’m so anxious to hear back! Do you mind me asking what your fee status is? I’m technically EU even though I live in England

England - Rest of UK so £9k each year 😱
Original post by Anonymous
England - Rest of UK so £9k each year 😱

At least you have a better chance of getting in! There are quotas for EU and Scotland :frown: If I don't get in I'll have to pay for an English one anyway. Where else have you applied?
Reply 4
Ive applied to Nottingham Trent, Cardiff Met, Plymouth College of Art, and Loughborough but that’s for Textiles.
Edinburgh is deffo my first choice though. If I don’t get in I might just decline the others (if I get any) and
Do an Art foundation next year, then apply again so I get another chance. Loved Edinburgh, loved the city, loved the building, and the College.
Ive applied to Nottingham Trent, Cardiff Met, Plymouth College of Art, and Loughborough but that’s for Textiles.
Edinburgh is deffo my first choice though. If I don’t get in I might just decline the others (if I get any) and
Do an Art foundation next year, then apply again so I get another chance. Loved Edinburgh, loved the city, loved the building, and the College.

I completely agree, it's amazing up there! I applied for Nottingham Trent too and then UAL Wimbledon and LCF, and Arts University Bournemouth. Wimbledon looks pretty good too and I have an offer from there, so if I don't get in to Edinburgh I do have a backup.
Reply 6
Congrats on Wimbledon, not many applicants have posted about ECA this year, so u never know
May be less applying ?? Wishful thinking I know 😂 where abouts in EU are you from? Hopefully
With some luck and our talent of course we will both get in. Has anyone been declined yet ?
Congrats on Wimbledon, not many applicants have posted about ECA this year, so u never know
May be less applying ?? Wishful thinking I know 😂 where abouts in EU are you from? Hopefully
With some luck and our talent of course we will both get in. Has anyone been declined yet ?

😂 I was thinking the same thing! I suspect no-one will hear back until March unfortunately. I live in Cambridgeshire but my Dad's Dutch and apparently that makes me an EU applicant? I had to call them up to check they hadn't made a mistake. Fingers crossed we both get in! How did you find the mini portfolio?
Reply 8
Original post by Rennaofravenwood
😂 I was thinking the same thing! I suspect no-one will hear back until March unfortunately. I live in Cambridgeshire but my Dad's Dutch and apparently that makes me an EU applicant? I had to call them up to check they hadn't made a mistake. Fingers crossed we both get in! How did you find the mini portfolio?

Wow that’s good then that you now get it for free.
Mini portfolio was okay 😱but I had to rush it as deadline for A level coursework in January as well. I was seriously stressed with the amount of work, but got there eventually.
Wow that’s good then that you now get it for free.
Mini portfolio was okay 😱but I had to rush it as deadline for A level coursework in January as well. I was seriously stressed with the amount of work, but got there eventually.

Yeah it's amazing if I get in! I'm really worried it will mean I don't though. It's so stressful the amount of work we have to do for portfolios right?! 😱
I’m also waiting on Edinburgh for fashion! What date did you submit your portfolio?
i applies for Fine Art (english student) and still haven’t heard!
I have applied for the ma fine art course and I still haven't heard, the anticipation is killing me as its also my first choice, it's either Edinburgh or NTU but my home city is nottingham and I realllyy wanna travel :///
Original post by petitelettuce
I have applied for the ma fine art course and I still haven't heard, the anticipation is killing me as its also my first choice, it's either Edinburgh or NTU but my home city is nottingham and I realllyy wanna travel :///

i applied for the same course, it’s also my first choice and the wait it killing me😫
oh my god that's so cool i've not met someone else whos applies for the same course!! where are you from if you don't mind me asking?? xx
Brighton (south east coast of england) yourself?
Brighton (south east coast of england) yourself?
has anyone heard back yet?
has anyone heard back yet?
I’ve applied for fashion but not heard back yet!! :frown: the wait is actually agonising 😂 quite reassuring coming on here though and finding out i’m not the only one. Is it just me or are there hardly any threads this year?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending