The Student Room Group

How many hours per month do you game?

Honestly I’ve only really started playing my xbox again recently and have pretty much limited it to weekends, a hour or two over the two days. I can go weeks on end without turning it on. However I do play mobile games at about 5-7hrs per month. Back in my youth I could wakeup at like 10 and sit on Xbox all day with very little break but just can’t do it anymore even if I wanted to as it just doesn’t interest me as much. I actually think the quality of games are so **** these days which is why I lost a lot of interest in gaming.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I game for at least 2-3 hours every day, but most of the time it's probably more...
So in conclusion: TOO MUCH!
up to 22 hours a day?!!😂
Reply 3
Are you unemployed?
For weekends its morning to like 1 pm......So probably way too much
Original post by Kyxng
Are you unemployed?

probably sneaks in a couple of cheeky Euro Truck sessions in between clinics :holmes:
Like everyone else here, I'm pretty sure I game too much!
For me, an hour at max between 8.00-11pm and once a day.
(edited 4 years ago)
70+ hours a month I would estimate.
Just 10 hours, but highly likely lesser than 10. The games I stored and have are good to play. It is just that there are another activities I like too, plus the work I do. That is why I have just hardly the time to take a break and just play a game.
Reply 10
Maybe 24 hours a month
Oh man, way too much. Somewhere between 2-5 hours every other day depending on the day. I'd say it averages somewhere around 30-40 hours a month. I'm 22 and a uni student and tbh it is way less than I used to. When I was say 14 I could spend 12 hours straight in a day without school on video games.

About games being **** these days? I disagree. A lot of people share that opinion, but I think what happened is just that they are mass produced now and there is a lot more room for bad products than there used to be since the industry is so big now. When fewer games where being made, because of how little interest there was in this new industry, they had to be good. There's plentiful games I could suggest that I consider to be good if you'd like. Though obviously tastes may differ.

Some good ones I've been playing recently would be: Frostpunk, Halo MCC (cause it just came out this december on PC, granted it's not new), 60 parsecs, The Long Dark, Shadow of War. You'll notice a lot of good, innovative games are made by indie companies so you might want to start looking there as well. On top of those I infrequently play Hearthstone (CCG), Heroes of the storm (MOBA) and Overwatch (FPS), all Blizzard games. They are fun to me, I used to play them with friends a lot before everyone got too busy to keep in touch.

On top of that I suggest that you have a look at humble bundle. Fairly cheap (most expensive option nets you 9 games for 20$ nowadays) and you get a bundle of curated games each month, they try to include a variety of genres. Naturally you'd dislike a lot of them but you have a few early reveals each month to help you make a choice. I usually just base my decision on one or two games I see in the early reveals since often times they will be way worth the 20$ just on their own (It's how I got frostpunk this last month).
It varies for me really. Atm I probably do 5 hours a month. But depending on how into a game I get, it can sometimes be over 10 hours a week (mostly at night). :redface: :smile:
Secondary school/year 11 days: 8+ hours a day, yeah revision was not a thing.
Now-Barley tbh games just aren't as fun anymore.
Reply 14
Original post by clueIxss
I game for at least 2-3 hours every day, but most of the time it's probably more...
So in conclusion: TOO MUCH!

I can sit in front of my computer gaming for a good 3 hours straight 20 minute urine break and back on haha
Original post by azhal
I can sit in front of my computer gaming for a good 3 hours straight 20 minute urine break and back on haha

Honestly, I'm the exact same... Time flies when you're wasting it gaming!
Reply 16
Original post by clueIxss
Honestly, I'm the exact same... Time flies when you're wasting it gaming!

like now I'm on TSR I've been on snooping for about 4 hours about to start playing agar.io soon for no reason ahaha Tchuss
none, i think i probs did more when i was younger but feel like i get nothing out of it now. i do watch lets plays occasionally still.
Reply 19
Original post by entertainmyfaith
none, i think i probs did more when i was younger but feel like i get nothing out of it now. i do watch lets plays occasionally still.

Similar, I feel its a waste of time now.. my mindset is just different now.

Quick Reply

Latest