The Student Room Group

Thoughts of a Smol Person [A blog]

I've tried this before but never been able to dedicate myself to it, so here's to trying and trying again!

I'm going to use this blog more as sort of a diary, I have no idea what tone it's going to take but I have a feeling this is going to be me mostly ranting about things, just so I have a place to vent, or whatever weird and wonderful thoughts enter my brain.

If you have nothing nice to say, then please refrain from saying it. This is my safe space and I will neither appreciate or take on board your criticisms. :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

I have a rare afternoon free and I have absolutely no idea what to do :ninja:

No work, no reading to do and no applications to fill in... and now I feel weirdly lost.
I feel as though I should be studying or doing something productive? :lol:

I have no idea why this feels weird to me, maybe because I'm so used to studying the majority of the time...
Is there ever such a thing as a bad pizza? If there is I don't think I've had one. Just had a soft cheese and jalapeno pizza and it tasted like heaven, literally. Or, what I imagine heaven to taste like anyway... :sogood:
Original post by MidgetFever
Is there ever such a thing as a bad pizza? If there is I don't think I've had one. Just had a soft cheese and jalapeno pizza and it tasted like heaven, literally. Or, what I imagine heaven to taste like anyway... :sogood:

The only bad pizza I can think of is one with fish on it, like anchovies. All other pizzas are, as you say, GOR. GEOUS 😛😛
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
The only bad pizza I can think of is one with fish on it, like anchovies. All other pizzas are, as you say, GOR. GEOUS 😛😛

Yeah... thinking about it, I don't think I'd be too keen on that either :lol:
Mind you, I've had prawns on pizza before (which I thought sounded like an abomination) but was actually quite nice.

I suppose the beauty of it is that it still tastes just as good even if you have to take bits off. :tongue:
Forever asking myself why I decided to take a criminology module, it's the most deathly boring module I've had yet. :facepalm:
Yeah... thinking about it, I don't think I'd be too keen on that either :lol:
Mind you, I've had prawns on pizza before (which I thought sounded like an abomination) but was actually quite nice.

I suppose the beauty of it is that it still tastes just as good even if you have to take bits off. :tongue:

Prawns are just too delicious though. They’re gorgeous on, in and around everything. I still want to try those pizzas that have a cheese-filled crust, but that’s a heart attack and 5 years worth of blocked arteries in a single sitting!

i’d love to say no, pizza is heavenly, superior to all other foods imo, but i have once had a bad experience with pizza. it was a basic cheese & tomato pizza, nothing special, so i was expecting to be fine. it was horrible. i don’t know what it was. perhaps the sauce? or the cheese? who knows, but it was horrible. completely horrible.
I wish I didn't hate myself so much. It hurts when others can see the good in me, but I'm in some constant battle with my mind.
I wish I didn't hate myself so much. It hurts when others can see the good in me, but I'm in some constant battle with my mind.

aww Midget, this breaks my heart. for what it's worth, u are genuinely one of the kindest law students on this site with advice to give that is invaluable and an understanding attitude that is rare

i love you and i hope one day you see why you should love yourself too x

btw the pp is so gorgeous, I am so envious of your fiance :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
aww Midget, this breaks my heart. for what it's worth, u are genuinely one of the kindest law students on this site with advice to give that is invaluable and an understanding attitude that is rare

i love you and i hope one day you see why you should love yourself too x

btw the pp is so gorgeous, I am so envious of your fiance :tongue:

Thank you so much, I have no idea who could be posting this, but please know that this means a lot to me and it was really sweet of you to say. :hugs:

I really needed something like this today, my mind has been hell. I'm a long long way from loving myself, but I'm hoping I'll get there eventually. Even if it is by small steps at a time. I suppose that's still progress.

Thank you, really x

I’m reasonably new to TSR, and I see you around quite a lot. I just wanted you to know that I really look up to you, and you give a lot of genuinely helpful, understanding but also realistic advice. You seem like a really genuine and cool person. I’m still learning to love myself, and I hope you can too!
Thank you so much, I have no idea who could be posting this, but please know that this means a lot to me and it was really sweet of you to say. :hugs:

I really needed something like this today, my mind has been hell. I'm a long long way from loving myself, but I'm hoping I'll get there eventually. Even if it is by small steps at a time. I suppose that's still progress.

Thank you, really x

:hugs:

Why has it been hell? You can talk about it if you want, but I realise that it could be personal.
Small steps are what cover the distance, no-one ever really takes long steps and finishes the journey. Slow and steady is really the way to reach your goal. I recommend you have mantras that you could repeat during times when you are feeling the least kind about yourself.

No problem, take care x
Original post by clueIxss
I’m reasonably new to TSR, and I see you around quite a lot. I just wanted you to know that I really look up to you, and you give a lot of genuinely helpful, understanding but also realistic advice. You seem like a really genuine and cool person. I’m still learning to love myself, and I hope you can too!

Thank you so much! :hugs:
I try be nice, I definitely live by the 'treat people as you want to be treated' sort of thinking, so I really appreciate that you think so.

As for loving ourselves, it's a lot easier than people make it out to be! We'll both get there eventually, I'm sure of it :h:

I hope you're enjoying your time here on TSR btw! It's definitely the place of the weird and the wonderful. :lol:
Original post by Anonymous
:hugs:

Why has it been hell? You can talk about it if you want, but I realise that it could be personal.
Small steps are what cover the distance, no-one ever really takes long steps and finishes the journey. Slow and steady is really the way to reach your goal. I recommend you have mantras that you could repeat during times when you are feeling the least kind about yourself.

No problem, take care x

It's okay, I'm usually pretty open about things anyway. I just have quite a lot going on at the moment, a lot of my panic attacks seem to be stress-induced so they seem to happen a lot more often lately. My partner's off for this big operation soon and the date for it feels like it's forever looming over my head. (Though saying all that, I've felt quite good today, luckily)

Thank you for the tip, I definitely agree that it helps. I think being organised and having a set routine helps quite a lot anyway, so I'm definitely going to take that on board. :hugs:
I definitely agree! You don’t get anywhere by dragging others down, we need to be lifting each other up in this dark and dreary world! Surrounding yourself with love makes it easier to love yourself too. :heart:

I’m definitely finding that out! The community is definitely amusing, but there are some real kind souls I suppose I’m just trying to join. Will definitely be watching this blog!
Thank you so much! :hugs:
I try be nice, I definitely live by the 'treat people as you want to be treated' sort of thinking, so I really appreciate that you think so.

As for loving ourselves, it's a lot easier than people make it out to be! We'll both get there eventually, I'm sure of it :h:

I hope you're enjoying your time here on TSR btw! It's definitely the place of the weird and the wonderful. :lol:
I've just had a super weird thought, that's made me realise how different people are.

Everyone has a dream job, but there's probably someone out there in that job that absolutely hates said job and wishes they had another.
I wonder if there's ever been anyone out there that's truly satisfied with their life choices. :tongue:
It's okay, I'm usually pretty open about things anyway. I just have quite a lot going on at the moment, a lot of my panic attacks seem to be stress-induced so they seem to happen a lot more often lately. My partner's off for this big operation soon and the date for it feels like it's forever looming over my head. (Though saying all that, I've felt quite good today, luckily)

Thank you for the tip, I definitely agree that it helps. I think being organised and having a set routine helps quite a lot anyway, so I'm definitely going to take that on board. :hugs:

You know, you are so incredibly strong. I have some understanding of what it's like to have a loved on fight something like this. I don't have any advice to offer, but I do believe that you are strong enough to face whatever happens with courage and resilience.

Glad to hear that, tbf it's all just trial and error and seeing what works for you. Take care and try not to stress too much about things. This will sound cliche but I truly believe there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Everything will be fine. x
Work is so tedious today, I can't seem to get going.
Hyped on coffee yet distracted by everything. :woo:
I feel like deciding what to have for dinner is always an internal struggle for me...

I love food way too much :lol:
Sweet chilli tofu or vegan jalapeno mac and cheese?

decisions decisions...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending