The Student Room Group

Need advice

So I’ve been with my bf for 5 years now and I actually met him through my best mate who was also his mate.

So that mutual friend that we have told me that my bf stole money from him and that he’s also stole from a few of his other mates. I spoke to my bf and said he never did and that he hasn’t even seen our mate in a while.

He said there’s other people but I haven’t heard from anyone else apart from him that my bf stole. I really can’t see my bf stealing he’s been with me for 5 years and we’ve lived together for 3 years I always leave my money lying around and he’s never took anything. He’s also got a good job so I don’t see any reason for him to be stealing

Now my mates mad at me because I don’t believe him I really don’t know what to do I’m scared to cut my mate off because of this but he really can’t be making stuff up like this.
Since you know these people better than I ever will, it will just come down to what these people are like; does your bf sound like the type of person to steal money or does your mate sound like the type of person to try and create drama with your bf.
If its a situation that isnt able to die down, then youre going to have think about getting rid of one of them. I've seen people who have friends that try to ruin others relationships, because it would damage the friendship. Alternatively, it might just end up being a case of your mate thinking of the wrong person.
The fact that youve lived with your bf for 3 years and you havent seen him do anything like what your mate is suggesting means that your bf is more likely to be innocent, since living with someone is the most effective way to see what someone is truly like.
Reply 2
to be honest, i just wouldn't get involved
i'd tell the mutual friend like, listen okay that sucks but in the nicest way that's not my problem that's between you and so and so, so you should sort it out with them because i dont know anything
thats probably the best option imo, especially if you trust your boyfriend
and if the friend doesnt follow up then its really not that big of a deal/didnt happen
because the friend could be trying to trigger/use you into giving money to them via other people (not saying dont trusr your friend but like skeptical yk)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So I’ve been with my bf for 5 years now and I actually met him through my best mate who was also his mate.

So that mutual friend that we have told me that my bf stole money from him and that he’s also stole from a few of his other mates. I spoke to my bf and said he never did and that he hasn’t even seen our mate in a while.

He said there’s other people but I haven’t heard from anyone else apart from him that my bf stole. I really can’t see my bf stealing he’s been with me for 5 years and we’ve lived together for 3 years I always leave my money lying around and he’s never took anything. He’s also got a good job so I don’t see any reason for him to be stealing

Now my mates mad at me because I don’t believe him I really don’t know what to do I’m scared to cut my mate off because of this but he really can’t be making stuff up like this.

Well he is not your friend then! And who cares what he thinks if you trust your bf? Your bf has done nothing wrong to you has he?

Quick Reply

Latest