The Student Room Group

Chelsea F.C. Thread IX

Scroll to see replies

VAR is an absolute joke. Maguire got nothing for a clear kick out at Michy and then a good goal ruled out after Fred pushes Azpi into the defender...
Reply 21
Great. VAR has been so inconsistent it’s not even funny anymore
**** VAR
Reply 23
You were so so poor going forward tonight and I don’t think you deserved anything. That being said, I haven’t seen a game go so against a team like it did for you tonight. Was almost like you were destined to lose this.

Obvious red card ignored, two goals disallowed, even Willian got a yellow card for being fouled...
Original post by Lúcio
You were so so poor going forward tonight and I don’t think you deserved anything. That being said, I haven’t seen a game go so against a team like it did for you tonight. Was almost like you were destined to lose this.

Obvious red card ignored, two goals disallowed, even Willian got a yellow card for being fouled...

Oh yeah we were terrible. Missing an entire front three though (and our best front three too) doesn’t help.

Offside is offside, fine. It’s a bit annoying when goals get chalked off mid celebration but fine. But the others... where is the consistency? How could Son be sent off but Maguire not? Why was the push on Azpi not a foul, but the resulting push by Azpi on the defender was enough to rule out a goal?

Just one of those games I think. People say these decisions even out but I swear this season feels like we’ve had far more against us than for.

Somehow, top 4 is still in our hands though, just.
Reply 25
Original post by stirkee
Oh yeah we were terrible. Missing an entire front three though (and our best front three too) doesn’t help.

Offside is offside, fine. It’s a bit annoying when goals get chalked off mid celebration but fine. But the others... where is the consistency? How could Son be sent off but Maguire not? Why was the push on Azpi not a foul, but the resulting push by Azpi on the defender was enough to rule out a goal?

Just one of those games I think. People say these decisions even out but I swear this season feels like we’ve had far more against us than for.

I just wish Lampard would’ve started Giroud - he seemed to knit together your attack so much better than Batshuayi (who had a shocker btw).

Yeah there’s no arguing the offside, but the Azpi one isn’t fair at all and I can’t believe they didn’t send Maguire off.

At the end of the day, United are absolutely terrible and we all know they’re gonna lose to Watford next week. You have been inconsistent but you’re by far the best of a bad bunch...
Original post by Lúcio
I just wish Lampard would’ve started Giroud - he seemed to knit together your attack so much better than Batshuayi (who had a shocker btw).

Yeah there’s no arguing the offside, but the Azpi one isn’t fair at all and I can’t believe they didn’t send Maguire off.

At the end of the day, United are absolutely terrible and we all know they’re gonna lose to Watford next week. You have been inconsistent but you’re by far the best of a bad bunch...

Lampard just hates Giroud for some reason. Though, think he would have come on even at half time had we not been forced into two changes by that point already.

I don’t even know if we are the best of a bad bunch. We pulled ahead in our nice run of fixtures and have been pretty woeful that aside. If we beat spurs then I’ll have some faith but right now can see us finishing 6th which would be a disaster from where we were not so long ago.
Think you guys will be fine, unlikely you will go far in the CL whereas United/Arsenal and Wolves could go far in the EL so they have more games that could derail their league form. I would worry about Sheffield and Spurs though.
Reply 28
8-1 on aggregate this season lads
Reply 29
Original post by Lúcio

Yeah very very poor going forward. I don't even wanna complain about VAR because honestly we were really bad tonight.

Anyway people wanna blame Kepa for our defensive frailties or our actual individual defenders not being good enough.

**** defending from Christensen(concussed tbf but he's done this when not concussed as well) and **** marking from Rudiger.

When we buy a CB and get rid of these jokers I'd be so happy. I like Tomori and I feel like because he's young Frank doesn't want to take a chance on him.

Also this bull**** of us having a young team when other than Mount, James and Christensen(who came off for Zouma) rest of our squad were 25 and over in that second half.
Reply 30
Original post by samir12
Think you guys will be fine, unlikely you will go far in the CL whereas United/Arsenal and Wolves could go far in the EL so they have more games that could derail their league form. I would worry about Sheffield and Spurs though.

Yeah that's the thing. We'll still make top 4.

I'm confident for Spurs on Sunday if Hudson Odoi, Pulisic and Abraham are back.
Reply 31
Original post by difeo
8-1 on aggregate this season lads

Only team to stop Liverpool from winning in the league too.

Ole is world class.
Reply 32
Are there any rumblings starting regarding Lampard's position?
Original post by bj27
Yeah very very poor going forward. I don't even wanna complain about VAR because honestly we were really bad tonight.

Anyway people wanna blame Kepa for our defensive frailties or our actual individual defenders not being good enough.

**** defending from Christensen(concussed tbf but he's done this when not concussed as well) and **** marking from Rudiger.

When we buy a CB and get rid of these jokers I'd be so happy. I like Tomori and I feel like because he's young Frank doesn't want to take a chance on him.

Also this bull**** of us having a young team when other than Mount, James and Christensen(who came off for Zouma) rest of our squad were 25 and over in that second half.

Yea but you're pretty much as good as this Liverpool side man for man so it's all good

:awesome:
Original post by stirkee
VAR is an absolute joke. Maguire got nothing for a clear kick out at Michy and then a good goal ruled out after Fred pushes Azpi into the defender...

VAR is a tool so there's is nothing wrong with VAR per say.

It's the moron refs (remember its the same group of refs who are on the pitch who then sit behind the VAR monitor) and the poor football rules that make the use of VAR inconsistent.
Reply 35
Original post by Zerforax
VAR is a tool so there's is nothing wrong with VAR per say.

It's the moron refs (remember its the same group of refs who are on the pitch who then sit behind the VAR monitor) and the poor football rules that make the use of VAR inconsistent.

that's the issue. not var. the actual refs wer moronic

the Zouma goal is 50-50 that's been given and that's not been given. Giroud was offside.

stupid decision to not send Maguire off. what can I say
Reply 36
Yea but you're pretty much as good as this Liverpool side man for man so it's all good

:awesome:

well tbh we essentially used our backup front 3. swap that front 3 with Pulisic Odoi and Abraham we win this game 2-0. I have my issues on Pulisic but he causes more trouble than Willian and Pedro. Hudson Odoi has been good last few months too.

should not be any thoughts of sacking Lampard, lost our best player, board did not back him in January. he gets a bye unless we finish in the bottom half.

@Mess. see above
Original post by bj27
that's the issue. not var. the actual refs wer moronic

the Zouma goal is 50-50 that's been given and that's not been given. Giroud was offside.

stupid decision to not send Maguire off. what can I say

Yea should be a 3 game ban.
Reply 38
Original post by stirkee

VAR isn't the problem.
Reply 39
Yea should be a 3 game ban.

he won't get a ban now because the refs have seen it

Quick Reply

Latest