The Student Room Group

UEM Dentistry Admission 2020- English

Hiiii!!! Did anyone get an email regarding their admission to dentistry in the September of 2020 already?☺️
Got accepted back in January as well, are you guys going to live at the dorms or rent an apartment in the nearby towns ?
I’m from Toronto hbu ? Yea I was thinking the same thing, I don’t think the dorms are worth the price. I going visit the campus and check out apartment options in a month or so. Did you start applying for your student visa yet ?
Reply 3
Original post by hk4000
Hello,

I am suppose to get a letter by tomorrow! Have you received your acceptance?

Hi,
Congratulations on your acceptance. I also got mine in January:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Canada232323
Got accepted back in January as well, are you guys going to live at the dorms or rent an apartment in the nearby towns ?

I'm considering the dorms for security and its easy access. But, I'm looking into nearby apartments too.
Reply 5
Original post by Canada232323
I’m from Toronto hbu ? Yea I was thinking the same thing, I don’t think the dorms are worth the price. I going visit the campus and check out apartment options in a month or so. Did you start applying for your student visa yet ?

Are you also starting in September 2020? Because for that period, I think it is still maybe early to apply for visa but it might be a good idea to start preparing documents needed and apply early.
Reply 6
For the legal consent this is the information I have:

If you are admitted, as an international student you have to submit a legal requirement to enroll in our university. It depends on your studies. If you are:

- International or European Baccalaureate, or High School Diploma from the European Union education system or a Country with a reciprocal agreement.

UNED Accreditation

http://portal.uned.es/portal/page?_pageid=93,55561712&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

- High School Diploma from a non-European Union education system or a Country with no reciprocal agreement.

You must pass the Universidad Europea admissions process.

Official high school diploma recognition resolution issued by the Spanish Ministry of Education (MECD).You must provisionally submit the Provisional Registration Receipt (valid for the entire academic year) www.mecd.gob.es

Hope it helps!
Reply 7
Original post by hk4000
@Maddy.My134 Congrats! Thats good to know there is another person here that is starting dentistry at UEM this September! Are you an international student as well, if so when are you applying for your visa and where are you from? Have you been able to log in to your UEM account? Were you able to look at courses you want to register into for your first semester? I was told not to fill in any courses on my enrolment form so I am guessing the courses are selected for us? Do you know any information about first semester/courses?
Also, could anyone provide steps/how to navigate the site for the Spanish Ministry of Education to get our diplomas recognized?

Thats a lot of questions sorry!

Hiii,

It's great to know that you'll be joining too:smile:

Yes I'm an international student too, I will be applying from Malaysia as I've spent 12 years here, although I'm not Malaysian myself.

For visa, I was planning on visiting the embassy of Spain here to get a detailed information of documents needed and hopefully start applying for it by next month.

Yes I was able to log in to my UEM account, but I still have not looked at courses I want to register, as I just made the reservation fee via my account. Likewise, I don't really have much information about the first semester, but hopefully the university will send us more information soon.

To get our diplomas recognized is something even I'm lost about tbh so if anyone knows and could help I would appreciate it!
Hey,

Im pretty sure the courses are preset for all five years, in our fifth year we get to choose between a couple of electives. On the link below scroll down to STUDY PLAN on the right side and it will show you all the courses you must complete for every year.

https://universidadeuropea.es/en/madrid/program/degree-dentistry

As for proof of address, i read that putting the schools address temporarily until you have found your apartment is what most people do. I am leaning more towards living in the student halls at UEM myself at least for the first year.

In terms of insurance overseas, UEM recommends an insurance company aonstudentinsurance.com but you can go with other companies as well.

How to get our high school diplomas recognized is a bit confusing for me as well, but my agent for UEM told me to bring my original high school transcript or diploma to Spain and they will let us know the next steps then.

I found most of this info and other useful things on the link below starting on page 35

https://universidadeuropea.es/media/2939/download/bachelors-degree-admission-regulations-2019-2020.pdf?v=1&inline=1

Our first semester starts on September 10 to January 25th while our second starts on January 28th- June 7th, I am a bit confused on whether these dates include the exam schedule or not though.

Winter break December 23rd-January 7th

I will most likely move to spain around July as well
Reply 9
Hey guys im also considering study at UEM but i havent yet started the application process. do you know when the deadline is?
Hi everyoneI was wondering did anyone of you do the Spanish entrance test? And what did you get for result to get accepted? I heared that we still need to do a Spanish test even if we are studying in English.Thank you for your help guys
Original post by BashBash2020
Hi everyoneI was wondering did anyone of you do the Spanish entrance test? And what did you get for result to get accepted? I heared that we still need to do a Spanish test even if we are studying in English.Thank you for your help guys

Hi there. Yes I did too. I didn't really get my grades so I'm not sure. But what I know is if you choose to study dentistry in English, the Spanish test is just to see your level and understanding in Spanish, so the grade is not really important in deciding if you will be accepted or not. Hope this helps:smile:
Hi everyone
Did you guys get hold of the recommended material that we will go through the first year of dentistry? Like the list of recommended textbooks and material? The uni said that they will upload that TWO WEEKS prior to the start of the academic year, which in my opinion is too late to revise anything by then.

Many thanks for you help guys.
Hello everyone, I am a 4th year uem dental student from the UK looking for 2 girls to live with me for the next academic year. The apartment is 4 bedroom and 2 bathrooms and is located next to the uni. DM me if youre interested. I understand you guys must have a lot of concerns/question ns so ill be able to help out with that too :smile:
Reply 14
Hi anyone who has applied to UEM via a star future ???
Reply 15
Original post by hk4000
Hey! Sorry for the late reply I was hoping to have a bit more info to share with you in regards to all the documents. I love that there will be a lot of international students in this program :smile:.

What information can you see when you log into your UEM account? I haven't been able to log in... and I emailed them twice about it but I haven't been able to receive any new login number or how to fix this problem :frown: . I am trying to find out if we get to pick our classes/schedule or if it is a set schedule that is already chosen for all of us? Do you know any information about our schedule/classes?

Also when do you plan on moving to Madrid?

Have a nice day!

When do you plan to move to Spain? I'm going in July

Hi I’ve accepted my offer at UEM for dentistry ? How is it there ? I would appreciate some feedback if you may

Quick Reply

Latest