The Student Room Group

Still think of her?

We weren't actual lovers as we didnt reach the dating stage thanks to me ****ing up. But we both liked each other A LOT. I was literally smitten to the point that I was in awe each time I saw her. She made me nervous. I wasnt myself around her and I loved acting cool around her, hoping she would notice me. Which she always did.

I have no contact with her for over a year.

Why do I still remember this girl? I am regretful of not giving her a chance. I have it in my mind that I would like to talk to her if we see each other again. I remember her beautiful face very clearly even though I ve never had any pictures of her. I still remember how I experienced an instant magnetic attraction which was literally "love at first sight" for her. I still remember what she said to me and I keep thinking what was it that she wanted to say to me.

Recently, after a year, I ve seen her three times in the same place we first met. Each time I see her, I think of her.

I ve date other girls , have a regular sex life and I thought I would forget her and never think of her but i still do. Why?
Beats me. I have the same problem haha
For me, I always think of the people that I've had a deep connection with, even years later. Especially if nothing happened - like no relationship - it just stays with me, because I'm just wondering "what if". I kind of feel like maybe I missed out
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Beats me. I have the same problem haha
For me, I always think of the people that I've had a deep connection with, even years later. Especially if nothing happened - like no relationship - it just stays with me, because I'm just wondering "what if". I kind of feel like maybe I missed out

Could it be love?
Maybe it is for you, but in my case it's not. I know what love feels like, and the way I think about these people is not love. It's just maybe attraction or nostalgia? I don't know how to describe it, but it's definitely not love
Reply 4
Maybe it is for you, but in my case it's not. I know what love feels like, and the way I think about these people is not love. It's just maybe attraction or nostalgia? I don't know how to describe it, but it's definitely not love

I don't agree on this though. If you still have attraction or nostalgia, it means there are some feelings which are more than plain attraction. Otherwise, you would forget
Are you trying to tell me how I feel and whether or not I feel love? :biggrin: Come on dude, you have absolutely no idea how I feel, so don't try to tell me about it
Reply 6
Are you trying to tell me how I feel and whether or not I feel love? :biggrin: Come on dude, you have absolutely no idea how I feel, so don't try to tell me about it

Didnt tell you. I'm talking about myself.
If you say that you don't agree with it and that having remembering someone has to be more than just feelings of attraction or nostalgia, you are kind of referring to what I said? because those are the exact same words I used.

either way - maybe it is love for you then
Reply 8
If you say that you don't agree with it and that having remembering someone has to be more than just feelings of attraction or nostalgia, you are kind of referring to what I said? because those are the exact same words I used.

either way - maybe it is love for you then

I was referring to myself. You said it's nothing more than attraction or nostalgia. I said I disagree with it since i ve been in love and i know that if I'm not in love, i wouldnt think of them on an emotional level at all.
why don't you try rekindling things with her? drop her a message? Rather than wondering what could have been
why don't you try rekindling things with her? drop her a message? Rather than wondering what could have been

it's a guy for me, I'm a girl
and no, there's no way I would ever message him
it's a guy for me, I'm a girl
and no, there's no way I would ever message him

You aren’t the thread starter....
But it’s your loss, if you can’t be bothered to initiate then you need to move on.
You aren’t the thread starter....
But it’s your loss, if you can’t be bothered to initiate then you need to move on.

lol what
you know nothing about what happened between him and me?
lol what
you know nothing about what happened between him and me?

I mean you aren’t the person who started this thread, so I’m confused why you are asking the questions now?

No obvs not. But it takes two people to communicate for a relationship to work and if you are unable to do that, then it’s clear cut how it will turn out.
I mean you aren’t the person who started this thread, so I’m confused why you are asking the questions now?

No obvs not. But it takes two people to communicate for a relationship to work and if you are unable to do that, then it’s clear cut how it will turn out.

I'm not asking the questions?

Also - I don't want to be in a relationship with that guy. You know nothing about my situation, which is obvious because you don't know me. I don't love this guy or miss this guy and I don't want to be with him. So there's no reason for me to contact him at all?

Yeah I'm thinking of doing so
I'm not asking the questions?

Also - I don't want to be in a relationship with that guy. You know nothing about my situation, which is obvious because you don't know me. I don't love this guy or miss this guy and I don't want to be with him. So there's no reason for me to contact him at all?

Then why are you even claiming to know what this feels like? You dont like him , dont miss him. Nothing. Yet you are telling me what love is?
I'm not telling you what love is?
I said that I know what love feels like, and that the thing I feel "for" the guy is not love. Then I suggested that if you think your feeling is more than nostalgia and attraction, *maybe* it's love for you. I'm not trying to tell you anything??

All I said was that for me it's obviously not love.

Quick Reply

Latest