The Student Room Group

Maths with Management Studies vs Maths with Economics

Which course will be better for a job in banking? This is from UCL so I was hoping to know which degree employers would prefer.
Hey,

I'm Charlie, one of the Lancaster University student ambassadors on here. I'm currently in my 2nd year of a degree in Finance & Economics, basically 50% Accounting & Finance modules with 50% Economics modules.

I think it depends entirely which branch of banking you are wanting to go into, but in general I would say that Economics would probably give you a broader view of the economy. Whilst obviously management studies could make you more suited to management roles.

I really love my degree, so if you have any further questions about it please let me know !

Charlie
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hey,

I'm Charlie, one of the Lancaster University student ambassadors on here. I'm currently in my 2nd year of a degree in Finance & Economics, basically 50% Accounting & Finance modules with 50% Economics modules.

I think it depends entirely which branch of banking you are wanting to go into, but in general I would say that Economics would probably give you a broader view of the economy. Whilst obviously management studies could make you more suited to management roles.

I really love my degree, so if you have any further questions about it please let me know !

Charlie

Specifically for investment banking / global finance. As anyone, I would like to go into a managerial role, but I haven't done A Level Economics so I don't know about the economy in too much detail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending