The Student Room Group

Guy wouldnt serve me for not saying please

I was just in the college canteen buying lunch this afternoon and I asked for pasta. The guy said hes not serving me if I dont say please so I just argued with him. Walked off, got a cold lunch that you just pick up and pay for. I dont know why he couldnt just serve me, he kept saying manners cost nothing.

Has anyone else been in this sitution

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I was just in the college canteen buying lunch this afternoon and I asked for pasta. The guy said hes not serving me if I dont say please so I just argued with him. Walked off, got a cold lunch that you just pick up and pay for. I dont know why he couldnt just serve me, he kept saying manners cost nothing.

Has anyone else been in this sitution

Good on him for refusing to serve you. Why couldn't you have the common courtesy to just say 'please' like any other normal person? What's wrong with you?
You should have just said please, manners cost nothing.
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
Good on him for refusing to serve you. Why couldn't you have the common courtesy to just say 'please' like any other normal person? What's wrong with you?

I just wast in a rush
Reply 4
Original post by DiddyDec
You should have just said please, manners cost nothing.

He kept saying that
Why didn’t you just say please after that? arguing just wastes even more time. What did it solve? You could’ve just said please and went on your merry way
I just wast in a rush

You were in such a rush you didn't have time to say a single syllable word?
He kept saying that

Because he was right.

I just wast in a rush

In such a rush you had time to argue but not say please?
Reply 8
Original post by MoonlightRain
Why didn’t you just say please after that? arguing just wastes even more time. What did it solve? You could’ve just said please and went on your merry way

He couldve just served me
people who serve you in shops & canteens are not robots; they are human beings with feelings. a smile and a "thank you" go a long way.
He couldve just served me

And you could’ve just said please and avoided all of that.
I just wast in a rush

You were in a rush? What a lame excuse. Say the word "please" outloud and tell me how long it took you.
Doesn't really matter, you can get cold lunches from now on so no hassles.
Original post by DiddyDec
Because he was right.

In such a rush you had time to argue but not say please?

I just wanted to get served but he kept saying "mate manners cost nothing"
Original post by StriderHort
Doesn't really matter, you can get cold lunches from now on so no hassles.

Yep
Is saying please against your religion, because I think if you explained it like that he would understand, it’s not only you who has to deal with this
He was probably having a bad day already, but you were one of too many people not being polite. You never rknow what's going on in anyone's life. Plus they're gonna have to clear up the majority of mess afterwards not plesant btw.
Original post by PotatoFruit
Is saying please against your religion, because I think if you explained it like that he would understand, it’s not only you who has to deal with this

No
It literally takes like 1 second to say please*
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Chronoscope
He was probably having a bad day already, but you were one of too many people not being polite. You never rknow what's going on in anyone's life. Plus they're gonna have to clear up the majority of mess afterwards not plesant btw.

He was laughing and joking with other customers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending