London
Application details ice-breaker questions. :biggrin:

What course are you applying for:
What universities are you thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Extra curriculars:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with. :h:

You can find other threads for applicants to your universities in this big list here.
Found this by accident - you might want to post a link in the VetMed section

Replying on behalf of my daughter - she's not really a forum person!

What course are you applying for: D100 Vet Med
What universities are you thinking of: Cambridge, Liverpool, RVC, Nottingham
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A*A*A (Chemistry, Biology, Maths)
GCSE grades: 99999999 (Eng x2, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Geography, Music) 8 (German) 7 (Latin) 6 (Art)
Extra curriculars: loves musical theatre (13 years of Stagecoach), plays sax in Swing Band, Concert band, wind orchestra, 2 sax ensembles, school orchestra, Grade 8 piano, Grade 8 saxophone, Gold DofE, volunteers every week at an animal rescue, about 20 weeks of work experience to cover all the various uni quotas, lacrosse.
Reply 4
Hi there,

I'm applying from the USA but am originally from the UK and hold UK qualifications AAA at A level (pre A* grading, yes I am that old....).

I've been told to send an email when I apply to confirm I can be interviewed in the US, not UK, if all goes well. Will I be considered a domestic student still? I understand there are limited international student places.

Thanks all in advance for your time.
Original post by Leydwrc
Hi there,

I'm applying from the USA but am originally from the UK and hold UK qualifications AAA at A level (pre A* grading, yes I am that old....).

I've been told to send an email when I apply to confirm I can be interviewed in the US, not UK, if all goes well. Will I be considered a domestic student still? I understand there are limited international student places.

Thanks all in advance for your time.

The application system you use has absolutely no bearing on whether you will be considered a domestic or international student. It is quite complex in how it is determined but immigration status and residency (duration and reason) are the main determining factors. It is likely that you would be classified as international if you are not a resident in the UK.

Hope that helps!
(edited 4 years ago)
Hello! I have visited the uni several times and I absolutely love it.
What course are you applying for: Veterinary Medicine

A level predicted grades: 4 A* in Maths, German, Biology and Chemistry
GCSE grades: 99999999999, Â further maths, a* in psychology.
Extra curriculars: I am a Ranger at girlguides and volunteer at my local city farm in 3 month rotations.

I've loved all the work experience I've done over the last few years- it's been the best part of my holidays in all honesty and I hope, if I get into a university, that I will get to know some more like-minded people :smile:
Good luck with your applications everyone! I hope to meet some of you some day.
☀️ Pre-vet summer school
📅 2 August - 14 August 2020

Thinking of a career in Veterinary Medicine? Join us for an exciting two week summer school at The Royal Veterinary College, University of London

You will gain veterinary skills and knowledge that will be recognised by the RVC if you choose to apply

▪️ Earn one week of work experience in our globally-recognised animal hospitals, research facilities and animal handling environments
▪️ Get a taste of student life at the RVC and meet our student ambassadors and academic tutors
▪️ Receive world-class teaching alongside your peers
▪️ Explore London one of the world’s most exciting cities as well as the beauty of the English countryside
▪️ Challenge yourself and make friends from around the world

Please note, this is a competitive programme with 50 places available to the strongest applicants

Application Deadline: 5pm (GMT) Wednesday 26 February 2020

➡️ Read more and apply at: https://rvc.uk.com/pre-vet-summer-school
Original post by Royal Veterinary College
Are you applying to the RVC for 2020 entry? Then this is the place to get to know other applicants, learn about life at the RVC and ask for advice during the application process.

You can take a look at our full range of current courses on offer at: https://www.rvc.ac.uk/study

Dive deeper.jpg

Hi, anyone else been placed on the holding list for vet medicine? :frown:
Original post by Vetstudent20
Hi, anyone else been placed on the holding list for vet medicine? :frown:

Hi,

If you've been put on a holding list by the RVC you should have received an email from admissions with a date when you'll find out if you've been offered a place.

I hope all is well, and if you require any information please feel free to contact me.

Best wishes,

Jaimi
RVC rep
Reply 10
i have a question. Does the RVC take on students who end up dropping a grade in their a levels? so on results day if you dropped from your expected 3A and got AAB would you still be accepted onto the D100.?

thankyou
Original post by sara174
i have a question. Does the RVC take on students who end up dropping a grade in their a levels? so on results day if you dropped from your expected 3A and got AAB would you still be accepted onto the D100.?

thankyou

Hi Sara,

Apologies for the late response I've been waiting on our admissions team for a response. I hope this helps:

Only applicants who meet the full terms of their offer are guaranteed to be accepted; applicants who narrowly miss their results may be accepted on occasion, should a vacancy occur, but this is by exception rather than the norm. The RVC can offer no guarantees this will happen in any given year and cannot guarantee that any applicants who do not meet the full terms of their offer will be accepted onto the course.

Best wishes,
RVC rep
Jaimi
Reply 12
Hi Sara,

Apologies for the late response I've been waiting on our admissions team for a response. I hope this helps:

Only applicants who meet the full terms of their offer are guaranteed to be accepted; applicants who narrowly miss their results may be accepted on occasion, should a vacancy occur, but this is by exception rather than the norm. The RVC can offer no guarantees this will happen in any given year and cannot guarantee that any applicants who do not meet the full terms of their offer will be accepted onto the course.

Best wishes,
RVC rep
Jaimi

thankyou!
What GCSE or A-Level grades do you need to apply for a spot in the RVC?
Original post by ChocLabGirl
What GCSE or A-Level grades do you need to apply for a spot in the RVC?

Hi,

Thank you for your question, it depends on which course you're looking to study at the RVC.

If you can let me know, and I'll check for you.

Thanks,
RVC Rep
Jaimi
Hi,

Thank you for your question, it depends on which course you're looking to study at the RVC.

If you can let me know, and I'll check for you.

Thanks,
RVC Rep
Jaimi

Veterinary Medicine
Original post by ChocLabGirl
Veterinary Medicine

Hi,

You will need the following for A levels:
AAA in three A Level subjects:

Biology at grade A
Chemistry at grade A
A third subject of your choice*
We also require a 'pass' in the science practical for each subject, where taking the English curriculum.

Contextual Offers

Offers of ABB (with an A in Biology or Chemistry) will be made to those meeting certain Widening Participation (WP) criteria. No separate application is required but care leavers should submit proof from the relevant local authority once they have applied.
-
For further information on our policy on reformed UK qualifications, please click here.

*The third A Level subject should not overlap with Biology or Chemistry, and cannot be General Studies.

We support the opportunity to take additional subjects at AS Level, but do not prescribe or prefer any particular subject choices or combinations.

A* grades are not required and predictions for A* will not give advantage at selection or offer stage over applicants predicted A.
There is no third subject which is preferred by selectors or gives any special advantage in the selection process. Science and non-science subjects are treated equally for the third subject.
Restrictions apply to re-sits to all qualifications - see 'FAQs' tab.
-

See additional GCSE requirements below.

At least five GCSEs at grade 7 (A) including:

7-7 in Combined Science/AA in Science (Double Award) or Biology and Chemistry or Science and Additional Science.
with at least a grade 6 (B) in:

English Language
Mathematics
Physics (if taken as a separate GCSE)
For further information on our policy on reformed UK qualifications, please click here.

Welsh applicants

Please note, GCSE Mathematics-Numeracy will not be accepted instead of GCSE Mathematics but is welcomed alongside it, and as part of the Welsh Baccalaureate.

For more info - see here.

Thanks,
RVC Rep
Jaimi
Reply 17
Hi,

If you've been put on a holding list by the RVC you should have received an email from admissions with a date when you'll find out if you've been offered a place.

I hope all is well, and if you require any information please feel free to contact me.

Best wishes,

Jaimi
RVC rep

Hi Jaimi
My daughter is on holders list from interview in December and was given a date next week by email back at the beginning of the year to know if she has a place. Do you know if f this date still stands as to finding out or should she contact admissions with the situation we are in now. RVC is her first choice
Original post by Challw
Hi Jaimi
My daughter is on holders list from interview in December and was given a date next week by email back at the beginning of the year to know if she has a place. Do you know if f this date still stands as to finding out or should she contact admissions with the situation we are in now. RVC is her first choice

Hi there,

Thank you for your message. It's probably best for your daughter to contact the admissions team directly with this query.

Thanks,
RVC Rep
Jaimi
Sorry I know this might not be related, but I just wanted to ask if there are any masters applicants here? if yes, have you heard from the college?

Latest

Trending

Trending