The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Medicine

just want to know what studying medicine is like at Lancaster ?? and the University as a whole
Original post by Isra.m08
just want to know what studying medicine is like at Lancaster ?? and the University as a whole

I mean this is the link to the module catalogue year 1 from the internet which might give you some insight : http://www.lusi.lancaster.ac.uk/CoursesHandbook/ModuleDetails/ModuleDetail?yearId=000120&courseId=017374
Have you looked if you can find any blogs by students at the uni or med school?
Depending on where you are at with applying the prospectus of the uni may be good
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you for the link and I’ve watched most of the universities videos on YouTube, I’m coming to the university every Saturday in March for this medicine scheme held by the university so I should get more info then

Hello,
I don't study medicine but I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the university in general!
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Reply 4
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hello,
I don't study medicine but I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the university in general!

Hi
So I know the campus is quite isolated does that bother you ? And also as there are 8 colleges how do you decide which one to be with ??
Thankyou
Hi
So I know the campus is quite isolated does that bother you ? And also as there are 8 colleges how do you decide which one to be with ??
Thankyou

Hello,
The campus has everything on it really! There's loads of bars, shops, places to eat and all the normal university facilities. I currently live in town and it takes about 15 minutes to get to campus - the bus connections are pretty good so it's easy to get to and from town, including a free bus to Sainsbury's on a Wednesday.
In terms of colleges, if you decide what type of accommodation you want first that will narrow down your options. Then you can have a look at the college website and Facebook pages and maybe a map to see if you want college near the centre of campus or the edge etc. In all honestly it doesn't matter too much so just focus on the kind of accommodation you want!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending