The Student Room Group

Bsc Accounting and Finance at KCL

I recently recieved an offer for bsc accounting and finance at King's but as they have introduced this course very recently, I'm concerned about the job placements that I will be able to secure in the future if I do decide to confirm. My other offers are from Warwick and Bath. It would be great if someone could help me out :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Aishwarya123456
I recently recieved an offer for bsc accounting and finance at King's but as they have introduced this course very recently, I'm concerned about the job placements that I will be able to secure in the future if I do decide to confirm. My other offers are from Warwick and Bath. It would be great if someone could help me out :smile:

What do you mean by job placements? Year in industry?
No,not year in industry. I'm just concerned about if the accounting and finance degree from KCL will be as valuable since they have only introduced the course recently? My school counsellor does not want me to consider kcl but I think it has a better international reputation than the other colleges that I've recieved offers from till now.
Reply 3
No,not year in industry. I'm just concerned about if the accounting and finance degree from KCL will be as valuable since they have only introduced the course recently? My school counsellor does not want me to consider kcl but I think it has a better international reputation than the other colleges that I've recieved offers from till now.

It depends if you are looking for jobs in the U.K. or abroad. I don’t think employers would make much difference between the courses - although Bath and Warwick have well known highly regarded courses.

you might want to consider whether exemptions from professional exams matter to you - it’s unclear whether these are available with the kings course. This may well be because it’s new and they haven’t accredited yet.
Reply 4

when did u get offer from warwick?
Original post by nachdos
when did u get offer from warwick?

18th Feb
Reply 6

hi, I’m curious what you chose as I’m in a similar situation now. I have offers from kcl, Manchester, glasgow and bath for accounting and finance. I’m an international applicant.

Quick Reply