The Student Room Group

Film Production university application

Hi, I applied to Arts University Bournemouth, UCA Farnham, University of Hertfordshire, University of Portsmouth and University of Kent in film production degree
I'm looking for help with choice. Maybe someone was there and can tell me anything about each of them?
Original post by Luka22
Hi, I applied to Arts University Bournemouth, UCA Farnham, University of Hertfordshire, University of Portsmouth and University of Kent in film production degree
I'm looking for help with choice. Maybe someone was there and can tell me anything about each of them?

Hi there!
I'm currently in my final year at the University of Kent :smile: I don't study film production, but Kent have this online programme called Unibuddy where you can find a current Kent student studying the same course as you and ask them any questions you have about the course. Here is the link. Could be a good way to get an idea of what it's really like studying film at Kent!
I've personally had a great time studying at Kent, and I'd really recommend visiting any of the universities you're deciding between because it's such a good way to decide if you could see yourself living there for the next 3 years. I was drawn to Kent because it felt homely to me and had everything that I was looking for. The city centre is only a 20 minute walk from campus so you don't ever feel like you're stuck in one place, and the beach is only a 15 minute drive away too. There's loads of facilities on campus, like a nightclub, gym, several bars, cafes, places to eat, a theatre, and a cinema :smile: There is even a smaller cinema called the Lupino especially for Film students to use for their course!
Kent is also really big on societies and sports clubs, there is literally always something going on on campus which makes it feel so friendly and inviting! Definitely worth checking out what you can join!
If there is anything in particular that you'd like to know about Kent then please feel free to ask!
I hope that this helps, and best of luck with your university decision :smile:
I applied to the same unis excepet for Herts and Kent for the exact samd course
Reply 3
Original post by lepetitjuif
I applied to the same unis excepet for Herts and Kent for the exact samd course

And which one is your first choice?
Original post by Luka22
And which one is your first choice?

Not exactly sure yet but I feel like AUB is my first choice. They are currently looking at my portfolio (I feel pretty confident; my work is solid) but I still need to visit the uni and Bournemouth itself
My second choice used to be UCA but it ain't anymore because of the location. Seems like there is f*** all to do there so my second is Portsmouth (potentially; need to visit the city and check the course)
How about you, pal ? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by lepetitjuif
Not exactly sure yet but I feel like AUB is my first choice. They are currently looking at my portfolio (I feel pretty confident; my work is solid) but I still need to visit the uni and Bournemouth itself
My second choice used to be UCA but it ain't anymore because of the location. Seems like there is f*** all to do there so my second is Portsmouth (potentially; need to visit the city and check the course)
How about you, pal ? :smile:

AUB seems to be the best choice but in the same time I guess it's the hardest uni to get in.
I would go to UCA but this location makes me confused to think about it so I still think about UH or UCA
Original post by Luka22
AUB seems to be the best choice but in the same time I guess it's the hardest uni to get in.
I would go to UCA but this location makes me confused to think about it so I still think about UH or UCA

It is a hard uni to get into but hey if you have a strong portfolio, prove them that you know your **** and that you are a true cinephile, you're very likely to get an offer. They want people who understand the language of film
I would consider UCA if the location wasn't so lame (I didn't get my offer yet since the intervuew but I am pretty confident since it went so freaking well)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending