The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes, stop posting on TSR and start revising
Original post by Anonymous
I do maths Biology and Chemistry

Is 3 months enough/sufficient time to do revision aiming towards 3 As. I am feeling very demotivated and would just like some advice and sort of a reality check as well as motivation?
Thanks in advance

As for motivation, think about in 5 months when you get those results. Picture getting yourself 3A’s compared to 3D/E/U’s.
Reply 3
Original post by h3110
Yes, stop posting on TSR and start revising

Okkkkkkk r u sure
Okkkkkkk r u sure

Obviously.
Reply 5
Original post by 5hyl33n
As for motivation, think about in 5 months when you get those results. Picture getting yourself 3A’s compared to 3D/E/U’s.

But will 3 months revision lead to 3A😭
Reply 6
Original post by Treetop321
Obviously.

Okay thanks so much I hear so much like it’s not enough time but I think it’s just ppl tryna throw me off track

Definitely.

Well, if you stop crying and start revising, I don’t see why not. 😂
Reply 9
Original post by 5hyl33n
Well, if you stop crying and start revising, I don’t see why not. 😂

Okay I will try to stop crying and revise HOPEFULLY
Original post by Lyroknight
Definitely.

I’ll take ur word for it
Okay but I jsut wanna say something okay this is why I’m feeling overwhelmed

Maths - 44 topics in total and every topic is chunky requiring good understanding and practice

Chemistry - 34 topics same as maths in terms off effort requires

Biology is okay I can do it it’s only 8 topics and I enjoy it more.

Until my exams I have 90 days (after my mocks which r next weeks)
So I have 90 days of solid revision time without any stress and 24 of those days are study leave days (no school)
I’m just getting a bit worried thinking how am I gonna THOROUGHLY revise everything in that given time. I can’t make a good plan as to how many topics I can do a week that is realistic and also so I can actually finish revising the course with some spare time.
All of that just overwhelms me and I like working with a plan systematically and I am just really unable to work out how to go about this. Everyone says JUST START and I get that but I need to be at peace knowing that I’ve got a plan to get it all done then I’ll be more comfortable when I start because my only worry will be just working through the plan . Without a plan I’ll also be worried thinking I won’t finish in time.
Sorry for the long paragraph if anyone can help I’d greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance

Maths - 44 topics in total and every topic is chunky requiring good understanding and practice

So I have 90 days of solid revision time without any stress and 24 of those days are study leave days (no school)
I’m just getting a bit worried thinking how am I gonna THOROUGHLY revise everything in that given time. I can’t make a good plan as to how many topics I can do a week that is realistic and also so I can actually finish revising the course with some spare time.
All of that just overwhelms me and I like working with a plan systematically and I am just really unable to work out how to go about this. Everyone says JUST START and I get that but I need to be at peace knowing that I’ve got a plan to get it all done then I’ll be more comfortable when I start because my only worry will be just working through the plan . Without a plan I’ll also be worried thinking I won’t finish in time.
Thanks in advance

I totally understand how you feel.
You need to remember that most students (even A*A*A* students) begin revising right about now.
Imo you should aim to get all the theory based knowledge for Bio & chem & maths done by about a month before your exam.
Meaning you should schedule and plan that you'll know all the content you need to at least a month before the exam so you can spend the remaining month refining your technique.
Don't stress, just work hard and never give up.

Thanks in advance

Yes, but there must be some topics you are confident in which you only need to spend 1 or 2 hours on. So that decreases the amount you need to know. Have you not been revising at all!???
I totally understand how you feel.
You need to remember that most students (even A*A*A* students) begin revising right about now.
Imo you should aim to get all the theory based knowledge for Bio & chem & maths done by about a month before your exam.
Meaning you should schedule and plan that you'll know all the content you need to at least a month before the exam so you can spend the remaining month refining your technique.
Don't stress, just work hard and never give up.

That’s really reassuring to hear, thanks a bunch. Okay I will try to make a plan where I finish everything by May 2nd (June 2nd is my first exam) and although that only leaves me with 2 months content (content in terms of actual knowledge and practice esp for maths) and then that way the 1 month I have can be consolidation and Exam practice. I hope am able to fit in all the content in 2 months.
Again thanks a bunch for you help. Really means a lot
Original post by 5hyl33n
Yes, but there must be some topics you are confident in which you only need to spend 1 or 2 hours on. So that decreases the amount you need to know. Have you not been revising at all!???

No I have but I’m just speaking theoretically, so the maximum amount of time I’d have to spend. Of course certain simple topics would take around 2 hours but Id rather overestimate it than underestimate
I do maths Biology and Chemistry

Is 3 months enough/sufficient time to do revision aiming towards 3 As. I am feeling very demotivated and would just like some advice and sort of a reality check as well as motivation?
Thanks in advance

Just believe in yourself cos I'm in a similar position (in fact worse) I do bio, chem and re, but haven't made a sufficient plan yet. HOWEVER!!! if I think I have a chance surely you do too..... well let us hope we both pass and remember to aim for an A* no matter what even if it may sound near impossible. Well this thread has also motivated me to start a revision plan so let's do this together.
(remember to believe in yourself cos I believe in myself and thus have the motivation to do it)
Original post by Hassara otsusuki
Just believe in yourself cos I'm in a similar position (in fact worse) I do bio, chem and re, but haven't made a sufficient plan yet. HOWEVER!!! if I think I have a chance surely you do too..... well let us hope we both pass and remember to aim for an A* no matter what even if it may sound near impossible. Well this thread has also motivated me to start a revision plan so let's do this together.
(remember to believe in yourself cos I believe in myself and thus have the motivation to do it)

Thanks so much, I find it really difficult to think I can do it so making threads and seeking out for some motivation kinda helps me 😂 glad to hear I’m not the only one in this position!
Let’s do this
Thanks so much, I find it really difficult to think I can do it so making threads and seeking out for some motivation kinda helps me 😂 glad to hear I’m not the only one in this position!
Let’s do this

I'm glad that helped :h:
I got A*AA and I started revising at the start of March. I did Biology, Psychology and History, and Pyshcology/History might not be as demanding as people think, but there is SO much little detail to learn and question structure! If I can do it, I'm sure you can too.

Latest