The Student Room Group

After bills how much money do you have spare?

I calculated all my outgoings, I work full time live with girlfriend and kid, I should be left with 500 spare, is this good?
Original post by Kyxng
I calculated all my outgoings, I work full time live with girlfriend and kid, I should be left with 500 spare, is this good?

Well it depends on your "Incomings" are, but (as a student) it sounds pretty good to me!

Actually, can I be you please?
Reply 2
Original post by JohnnyHK
Well it depends on your "Incomings" are, but (as a student) it sounds pretty good to me!

Actually, can I be you please?

Why
Reply 3
Original post by Kyxng

Yes.

My rent and bills amount to 540, I allow myself 400 spending money so anything above 940 is technically spare for me.
Reply 4
Seems reasonable to me if after all bills you have £500 spending money. A couple of thoughts, does your girlfriend have some separate spending money - if you're sharing the £500 it's not so lavish. Plus it would be good to save a little bit each month for emergencies, holidays etc. If this isn't already in the bills, consider taking some money out for it.
Original post by Kyxng

If your calculations of outgoings include food, travel as well as all bills then £500 a month left is ok.
If you are careful and are not lavish spenders wasting money on branded clothing etc then you should be able to save a bit of it to go towards a holiday and birthdays, Christmas etc
About £2800 a month after bills, car, food and travel. No kids and live with my partner. Don’t particularly have high outgoings, so most of this is saved or invested.
Reply 7
Original post by Kyxng

£3,500 in from salary
Mortgage £540
Council tax £155
Gas/lecy £75
Phone n broadband £65
Factor £50
TV licence £15

So £2,600/month disposable for me. Cant really comment on fiance but similar again for her.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Etomidate
About £2800 a month after bills, car, food and travel. No kids and live with my partner. Don’t particularly have high outgoings, so most of this is saved or invested.

Wtf job do you do???
Original post by Kyxng
Wtf job do you do???

Doctor. Also have some investments and a few other sources of passive income.
Reply 10
Ah, if we are including non-salary income then my £2,600 becomes £3,700 on average. Rent from lodges and dividends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending