The Student Room Group

Royal Navy Nurse

Hi Guys,

Currently a 3rd year Adult Student Nurse who is due to qualify around June/July. I have been thinking about taking my nursing into the armed forces for a while now and after deciding between the Army or Navy I have chosen The Royal Navy.

Today I had my psychodynamic test, which went completely downhill and sadly I failed, I have around 2 months before my 2nd attempt which mostly be end of January. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to practice? I found the maths section of the paper the hardest, and that was mostly down to the time limit. I have brought a book from amazon, and aiming to practice around 3 times a week.

I have dyspraxia and Dyslexia and sometimes find spelling and pronunciation extremely difficult, but I found the literature part alright.

Many thanks
Hi

Can I ask why you didn't contemplate the RAF too? Just wondering?

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 2
Hi Adam, I did look into the RAF reseves as a nurse. However, I'm not currently living near a unit/base at the moment.I'm still torn between full time and reseve at the moment. The RAF would still be a option.Thank you for your response!
Reply 3
Original post by Edwards1994
Hi Guys,

Currently a 3rd year Adult Student Nurse who is due to qualify around June/July. I have been thinking about taking my nursing into the armed forces for a while now and after deciding between the Army or Navy I have chosen The Royal Navy.

Today I had my psychodynamic test, which went completely downhill and sadly I failed, I have around 2 months before my 2nd attempt which mostly be end of January. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to practice? I found the maths section of the paper the hardest, and that was mostly down to the time limit. I have brought a book from amazon, and aiming to practice around 3 times a week.

I have dyspraxia and Dyslexia and sometimes find spelling and pronunciation extremely difficult, but I found the literature part alright.

Many thanks

Have you retaken your RT now, Edwards1994?
Reply 4
Original post by Kerzen
Have you retaken your RT now, Edwards1994?

No not yet,

Due to qualify in July 20, so was thinking about retaking the RT towards the end of the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest